Pages

Sunday 18 December 2016

Bobbi Brown Everything Eyes Palette - Review and Swatches


I have had this palette sitting on my vanity for months in anticipation of doing a review on it. I am so behind but I am finally getting to it now. This palette was a nightmare to get ahold of. None of the Bobbi Brown counters in the Toronto area seemed to have them. Sephora didn't have them. The only place I could get it was on Nordstrom's website. I agonized for months over whether or not to take the plunge and order it. It cost me a fortune with shipping, duty, currency exchange etc. not to mention the jacked up ridiculous price that Bobbi Brown charges for their palettes in the first place. I don't remember exactly what I paid for it in the final analysis and I think I prefer not to remember. The total burn came when I saw it for sale at the Estee Lauder/MAC show back in September. It was around $40 or $50 even at the sale! Still that was a hell of a lot less than I paid for it. I can tell you that as of this blog post Nordstrom still has it in stock and it is 25% off as I type. It's still an outrageous price in Canadian dollars 25% off and all.



Ok, moving on from the price point. You get 9 eyeshadows for 0.33oz. or 9.6g total palette weight. Not bad. The palette has some cool old school silver hinges on the back of it. Four brushes and a beginners guide to eyeshadow application is included. I haven't tried any of the brushes but I am sure they are fine.  



I have to have a mini rant now. This is a rant I meant to have months ago and it's been a long time in coming. I'm just going to say it and put it out there. Bobbi Brown and tarte make terrible light coloured eyeshadows. Their pigmentation, brightening effect, application and longevity suck. Every single palette I have ever had from either company, and I own quite a few, the light colours have blown. That's my rant.

The good news is that Bobbi Brown makes great dark matte eyeshadows. That's the consolation.



I have to say that the swatches below of the lighter shades look fantastic except the middle one - Halo. They do not look that great on the eyelid I assure you. From left to right we have Ivory, Bone, Halo, Hot Stone and Birch. I like Hot Stone and Birch but Bobbi Brown can keep the other three as far as I am concerned.


Below we have Buff (really pretty), Royal Navy, Smokey Brown and Rich plum. All four are solid eyeshadows. Great pigmentation, easy application and lasting colour.



I am glad I have this palette? Yes. Do I wish I would have paid a lot less for it? Yes. None of these colours are super unique but put together they make for a nice palette.

Packaging: 10/10   
Pigmentation: Light Shades 3/10  Medium Darker Shades: 9/10
Easy to Work With: 6/10 (average of all shades)
Longevity: 6/10 (average again - they stay on as they go on with no change)
Colour Stays True: 10/10
Texture: 7/10
Price: 4/10
Ingredients: 8/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 6/10 some great some not so great
Would I buy this again? Sigh yes but only at the sale price!
Overall Rating: 6/10 (price sucks and the lighter colours are just bad - dark colours are awesome though!)



No comments:

Post a Comment