Pages

Tuesday 17 May 2016

tarte Tartlette Tease Palette - Review and Swatches


I can't believe I haven't blogged in nearly two weeks. Sorry guys, got busy and very tired. I'm back though with a palette review I have been meaning to do for nearly two months. I picked this little palette up around the time of my birthday back in February. Had Sephora gift cards. What can I say...

This palette is $25 Canadian or $21 U.S. and contains 6 eyeshadows at 0.85g or 0.03 oz x 6 which is reasonable. A lot of bloggers extolled the virtues of this palette so I picked it up. I also love me some tarte. The eyeshadows are from left to right and top to bottom: Whisper, Crush, Heartbreaker, Wink, First Kiss and BFF.



I think the palette and the packaging is cute. Yes, easy to travel with. The mirror inside is nice and a good size. I think $25 may be a tad steep for this palette, but not crazy insane. I can't see myself travelling with just this palette as my only eyeshadow. You could maybe, I can't. I say this for a few reasons. One of my main beefs, and I will speak to this more when I review my next palette later in the week on another brand, is that the one thing tarte sucks at is matte light coloured eyeshadows. MAC, Makeup Geek and Urban Decay have that stuff down pat. Other companies like tarte have no clue.

Whisper and Wink are barely noticeable on my eyelids. They provide very little highlight to the eye and have no "glow" or luminous effect. The looks I can do with this palette alone are very dark and somewhat muddy looking. Even though I use a Paint Pot underneath always, you would need to use a white base or something to make the lighter colours stand out even a little




Crush is very metallic and not suitable for an everyday look in my opinion. Heartbreaker is a nice matte medium to dark brown shade. That and First Kiss are my favourites from this little palette. I really like the colour BFF but I found that it applied a bit streaky. I noticed that it did the same thing on a vlogger that did a makeup tutorial with this on youtube, but the vlogger didn't complain about it. I will get some use out of this palette, but it's not one that I find myself reaching for. If I knew then, what I know now, I would pass on buying this palette. Here are the swatches:


From left to right and from top to bottom we have Whisper, Crush, Heartbreaker, Wink, First Kiss and BFF.


Packaging: 10/10   
Pigmentation: Whisper and Wink 1/10 and the rest 8.5/10 (points off for streaky BFF
Easy to Work With: 6/10
Longevity: 9/10 (they stay on as they go on - no change)
Colour Stays True: 10/10
Texture: 7/10
Price: 7/10
Ingredients: 10/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 6.5/10 some good ones and some not so good ones
Would I buy this again? NO 
Overall Rating: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment