Pages

Saturday 9 January 2016

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita and Lolita II - Review and Swatches



My next blog review was supposed to be on a MAC palette but I decided to bump this one up instead. I should have the MAC palette review up within the next day or two.


Jumping into the matter at hand, today I am going to review the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita and Lolita II. The ones I have are mini ones that came in a set I got from Sephora a couple of months back. I wanted the full sized Lolita just so I would know what the fuss was all about. It was and continues to be constantly sold out online and in every Sephora store I have visited for the past few months. So when this set popped up online, I snatched it up. In case anyone is interested, I saw a huge display of Lolita II at the Sephora in the Eaton Centre this past week. They had hundreds....


The full size is $20 U.S. or $24 Canadian. I can tell you upfront that they are well worth the money and I think the price is reasonable for what they are. They contain 0.22 oz. The minis I have are 0.10 oz. each so they are a good size still. I paid $23.50 for the set. I have used the Lolita one pictured above a number of times and I don't even see the quantity of lipstick going down as yet. Lolita is described as a chestnut rose which I would say it accurate. I love this colour. It is very "in" right now. You can certainly build it up and make it quite dark on your lips or put on a little with some clear lip gloss to brighten it up. Personally, I prefer to wear a little of my Bite Agave Lip Mask under it. I still get good staying power, it is comfortable to wear and it gives it a gorgeous sheen.


If you wear it on its own it does get quite dry on the lips but is still somewhat comfortable in winter as it remains a tad tacky. The dryness might be a bit much for some people to tolerate. This method of wearing it alone though gives you the most staying power for hours. It is probably not as dry on in the summer months I would guess.


Here are the swatches with Lolita on the left and Lolita II on the right.






Personally, I much prefer Lolita and I get what all the fuss is about. Its a gorgeous colour and it goes with a hell of a lot of makeup looks. This will definitely be a repurchase if I can ever get my hands on a full size. Lolita II is described as a terra cotta nude. I really didn't like this colour the first couple of times I wore it. Its very orange on me. However, if you are wearing the right colours (like grey for example to offset it) it doesn't look as loud. But hey, maybe you like loud lipstick that is orange! It's a personal choice. I prefer to wear this colour with no gloss added, no Bite Agave Lip Mask. Just straight up. It dries darker that way and is more pleasing to my eye anyway. I am slowly warming up to this colour but it really has to be worn with the right makeup and clothing or it looks awful on me. Lolita II would likely look fantastic on someone with a honey or peaches and cream complexion or a dark complexion.


I really like this product in general and I plan to buy other colours for sure from the line. The packaging is cute and the doe foot wand works well. They feel nice upon application and have a slight smell which isn't off putting. The pigmentation is crazy good. These are definitely one of the best lip products that I have discovered in the past year.

Packaging: 10/10 
Pigmentation: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Texture: 7/10 (could be more comfortable when worn alone)
Price: 10/10 (worth every penny)
Ingredients: 8/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!!
Overall Rating: 9.5/10 (a bit dry otherwise a 10/10)







No comments:

Post a Comment