Pages

Friday 25 December 2015

Makeup Geek MUG Eyeshadows in Americano and Cherry Cola - Review and Swatches



Merry Christmas everyone!

Today, I am going to review Makeup Geek (MUG) eyeshadows in Americano and Cherry Cola. Americano is on the left and Cherry Cola is on the right in the picture above. Americano is described as a dark brown with subtle purple undertones and a matte finish. I would say that is accurate. The colour is really pigmented and is so easy to work with. I sometimes find dark browns can be stiff or fly everywhere when you use them, but Americano was ridiculously easy to work with. It has great longevity too. It's already in the Top 3 dark brown eyeshadows in my collection as far as I am concerned.

Cherry Cola (don't you just love that name) is a deep brown with strong red undertones and a matte finish. It's the more brown version of MUG's Bitten. I really like it and I don't have anything like it in my collection. It blends well and has good longevity. It's such a fun colour. It is darker and more burgundy than MAC's Folie. Both of these eyeshadows are great additions to my collection. These are quite neutral and could be worn daily if you so desired. Here are the swatches:


Americano is on the left and Cherry Cola is on the right.

I have two palette reviews up next! I should have one up tomorrow since I finally have a few days off with no work, studying, baking or Christmas shopping! Yeah!

Packaging: 10/10   
Pigmentation: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Colour Stays True: 10/10
Texture: 8/10 (a little dry)
Price: 10/10 
Ingredients: 10/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? YES
Overall Rating: 9.5/10 Americano and Cherry Cola

No comments:

Post a Comment