Pages

Sunday 13 December 2015

Kiehl's Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Face Wash - Review


I've been busy studying for an exam for work the last month or so and my exam is day after tomorrow. Yikes! Needless to say I have been neglecting my blog for a bit. Good news is the exam will be over with soon so hopefully I will be back with a slew of reviews soon.

I ran out of face wash while I was on vacation this past summer. I purchased a small bottle of the Kiehl's Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Face Wash in a 2.5 fl. oz. or 75 ml size. Not the one pictured above. It has an interesting, slightly herby smell, but it is not unpleasant. I bought this because the words "deep cleansing" always appeal to me. Sadly, I did not find this product to be so.

On the plus side, the formula is gentle and I think anyone could use it without irritation. It foams well once you rub the product together in your hands and it is quite enjoyable to wash your face with. I noticed within a couple of days of using this that my skin seemed to be breaking out. I have used this product on and off since my vacation, and I still have the problem. I am not sure if it is this product. I have a funny feeling that I am not actually having a reaction to it, I think it is more than it is not cleaning my face properly and as a result, my pores are getting clogged.

I can wash my face twice with this and if I rub a cotton ball across my face afterwards, I still have a good deal of makeup and dirt coming off. My face is not dried out and feels calm after I use it, but my face just doesn't feel clean and it isn't. It feels refreshed, but dirty. For some reason I am determined to finish this bottle because it's almost gone. I use it mostly in the shower now if I am washing my face in the morning. It's useless for nighttime makeup and grime removal. Needless to say, I will not be repurchasing.

A regular 235ml bottle is $35 Canadian. I think I paid close to $20 for my small one. Ouch! I was desperate at the time though.

Packaging: 8/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 6.5/10
Ingredients: 8/10 Sulfate and Soap Free
Easy to Work With: yes but it doesn't work well! so 1/10???  
Travel Worthy: 6/10 
Deep Cleans: 1/10
Moisturizing: 9/10
Comfortable/Softening: 9/10
Smell: 7/10
Would I buy this again? NO
Overall Rating: 2/10  (weighing doesn't deep clean or work heavily here)

No comments:

Post a Comment