Pages

Sunday 8 November 2015

It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Corrector in Light - Review and Swatch


I've had this product in my stash for a little while. I bought it at Ulta during one of my trips to States. It is $29 U.S. and the jar contains 5ml or 0.17 oz. worth of product. The jar itself looks like it holds a ridiculous amount of product, but when you hold it up to the light, you see it has a huge false bottom.

I bought the shade Light at the urging of one of Ulta's salespeople. She said Medium would be much too dark for me. I am one of those firm believers that simply lightening the undereye area with a product that it the same shade or lighter than your skin tone doesn't work. You need a peach based or darker shaded product. Especially, if they are deep blue black vortexes like mine. My opinion anyway.

While "Light" does match my skin colour, I find it looks ashen under my eye. I really wished that I would have opted for Medium. Here is the swatch with it swatched on the left and blended out on the right:


This product doesn't crease under the eye even after 18 hours of wear! So that's impressive. I can still see the product on at the end of the day, so it doesn't disappear on you. As I said, I just wish I had chosen the Medium shade. I wear this on days I am wearing my glasses to work and I am ok with the colour not being the best as you can't see it much, but this shade wouldn't work for me if I wasn't wearing my glasses.

The product feels a bit like a gel and it is very comfortable to apply. You don't need much application wise. A nice inner cap is in it to help keep it fresh. Please don't mind how dirty it looks. It's been well used.



The colour Light looks dark enough in the jar, but it applies much lighter on the skin as shown in my arm swatch above.



Would I buy this again? Yes, but in the Medium shade. Heck, maybe if I mixed the two shades, perfection might be born! This product gets full kudos for being long lasting, comfortable, natural looking (minus the shade oops on my part), and being crease-free. I also think it's good value for your money as you need so very little and I have barely put a dent in the jar after months of using it. 

Packaging: 8/10  (I like the colours but the letters are chipping off and there is a huge false bottom)
Pigmentation: 7/10 (swatches lighter than it looks)
Easy to Work With: 10/10 
Longevity: 9/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 10/10 for what it is
Ingredients: 10/10
Travel Worthy: 6/10 (it is a bit bigger than it needs to be)  
Attractiveness of Product: I'll back to you when I buy the Medium shade
Would I buy this again? Yes
Overall Rating: 8/10 for Light (rating for Medium will be pending)

No comments:

Post a Comment