Pages

Sunday 15 November 2015

Givenchy Noir Couture Volume Mascara - Review


I got this mascara from Sephora as either a free promo or I used some rewards points. I don't remember. Nevertheless, it is a small travel sized mascara. I had never tried a Givenchy mascara before so I was looking forward to diving in and checking it out. A full sized tube is $37 Canadian (gasp!) or $33 U.S. for 0.28 oz. A mascara at this price point better wow me.

Okay, let's start with the good. I think the packaging is really nice - edgy. Props for that. The brush is kind of crazy, but it works. It's narrower at the top and fatter on the bottom. Picture is down below. I would say the brush works well and coats all of your lashes with little effort. The product is super thick and clumpy. I figured out how to roll with after a couple of tries. The colour is like black satin. In fact, the colour is called 1 Black Taffeta. I find this product to be very volumizing, which is it's claim to fame, but not much lengthening which is what I really want. I find my lashes feel soft and not crunchy all day after they dry which is nice. I haven't noticed any smudging or flaking with this product.



On to the not so good. This product dries super fast so it you aren't quick about it, you can kiss a second or third coat of mascara goodbye. It's super goopy as mentioned so you have to be careful and wipe the wand off every time you open it back into the tube. Because this isn't a lengthening mascara, that is the main reason I won't purchase one as it doesn't suit my needs. If you aren't fussed about length or price, this might be a good mascara to try.

Overall, I have to say that this mascara works a lot better than I anticipated it would. I don't have any plans to purchase one because it doesn't lengthen. Also, it costs $37 and that is a lot of dough for a product that only lasts three months and covers such a small part of your face.

Packaging: 9/10
Pigmentation: 8.5/10
Easy to Work With: 7.5/10
Longevity: 7/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 5/10
Ingredients: 8/10   
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Smudge Proof: 9/10
Flake and Clump Proof: 5/10
Attractiveness of Product: 7/10
Would I buy this again? No, it's just not for me
Overall Rating: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment