Pages

Wednesday 28 October 2015

tarte Energy Noir Clay Palette - Review and Swatches


I have been such a bad blogger for the last week and a half. I meant to have this review up over a week ago. I have been away from home on business a couple of times over the last two weeks so I am behind with everything! My apologies. Okay, Tarte palette talk time!

Those of you who regularly read my blog know that I love me some Tarte. Some of my favourite palettes ever are from Tarte. Sad thing is, they are always limited edition. In addition to loving me some Tarte, I love me some purple eyeshadow! Works well with my brown eyes. So Tarte + purple eyeshadow is simply a winning combination.



I bought this palette at Sephora for $46 Canadian or $38 U.S. Personally, I think that is a good value for this palette. I am going to go ahead and copy what this palette contains straight from Sephora's website:

This palette contains:- 6 x 0.035 oz Amazonian clay eye shadow in Full Moon, Charged Up, Dark Drive, Stone Unturned, Up Too Slate, Misty Mauve
- 2 x 0.045 oz Amazonian clay eye shadow in Power Plum, Lunar Eclipse
- 0.045 oz Amazonian clay highlighter in Crystal Spark
- 1.91 oz Amazonian clay 12-Hour blush in Unearthed
- Step-by-step Guide
 
A full sized Tarte Amazonian clay blush is 0.2 oz. so the blush "Unearthed" in this palette is as good as full size. The colour is very neutral and I find it quite flattering worn with these eyeshadows or with other non-Tarte eyeshadows. The highlight, Crystal Spark, is very nice. I actually have been using it over these eyeshadows on my lid if I want to brighten the look up. But hey, good ahead and use it as a highlight, it's nice that way too. The bottom two eyeshadows - power plum and lunar eclipse work extremely well as eyeliners or in the outer corner. They are so pigmented! Here is a swatch of the blush and highlight, Unearthed and Crystal Spark:



Both of these colours are gorgeous. The pigmentation of the 8 eyeshadows is superb. Here is a swatch:


From left to right are Full Moon, Charged Up, Dark Drive, Stone Unturned, Up Too Slate and Misty Mauve. Stone Unturned and Misty Mauve didn't swatch so well on my arm but they transfer onto the lid well. All of these colours have fantastic longevity. I cannot recommend this palette enough if you love purple colours. Since it is Tarte, the ingredients are exceptionally good.

The palette is small enough that you could easily travel with it. It has a handy large mirror inside. The packaging is very nice indeed. I would recommend using a brightening eyeshadow base under some of these colours if you don't want the look to be too smoky or too dark. Those are my only words of wisdom!

Packaging: 10/10   
Pigmentation: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Colour Stays True: 10/10
Texture: 7.5/10 (a little dry but there is clay in it!)
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 10/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Overall Rating:  10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment