Pages

Wednesday 14 October 2015

BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Champagne Pop and Opal - Review and Swatches


I own two Becca highlighters in Champagne Pop and Opal. I purchased Opal late last year during the Sephora VIB sale and for some reason I didn't start using it until this past June. I was pretty amazed and happy with this product as soon as I cracked it open. Up until this point, this was hands down the best highlight I owned. There is something about Becca highlighters that no other company has really matched thus far. Opal is so smooth, so creamy and blends onto your cheeks almost effortlessly. The colour is multi-dimensional and lasts all day. I find a lot of other highlighters fade throughout the day or they "sit" on the skin. The Becca ones look like part of your skin, albeit a little disco ballesque. I am good with a disco ball on my face personally. You can amp these up or tone them down which is nice depending on your mood and the occasion.

Opal is on the left and Champagne Pop is on the right. Opal is described as golden opal pearl. It is darker and cooler in the pan than Champagne Pop. However, I find Opal looks lighter and brighter on my skin than Champagne Pop. Odd.


Champagne Pop, Becca and Jaclyn Hill's brainchild, is often described as being a mix between Opal and Becca's Moonstone. I don't own Moonstone so I can't comment. Champagne Pop is described as soft white gold with pinky peach undertones. I would agree with the description for both Opal and Champagne Pop.

Champagne Pop was constantly sold out on Sephora's website when it first came out earlier this year. Eventually it was back in stock so I pounced. I like Jaclyn Hill and the reviews were incredible. Speaking of which, both of these product score 4.7 out of 5 on Sephora's website. That is one of the best ratings I have ever seen on that site. They are $46 Canadian or $38 U.S. With tax, that's over $50 Canadian so these are quite pricey. I hesitated to buy Opal at first because I thought the price point was a bit much for one lousy highlighter!


In the picture above, Opal is on the left and Champagne Pop is on the right. Opal swatches darker than Champagne Pop but I swear it looks lighter on my face than Champagne Pop. Aren't these babies gorgeous? So Champagne Pop. I bought it and I like it better than Opal. If you only buy one highlighter this year, make it Champagne Pop. It's just the perfect colour and almost all skin tones could wear this. It just looks so perfect when I apply it. Somehow, it looks more natural than Opal on me I think and it really reflects light well. Champagne Pop looks like a million dollars on your face. Seriously.

The price tag for these is steep as mentioned but I have to say that either one is well worth the money. They are just so head and shoulders above the other highlighters out there - at any price point. Each pan is 8g or 0.28 oz. which is generous. You need so little of this product on your brush so one pan will last me likely until the end of time.

The ingredients are not the best, but at least there are no parabens. I don't wear highlighter every day so I don't panic about the ingredients that much in these products.

The packaging for these highlighters is really nice. They are attractive, feel solid and are very portable. I wouldn't hesitate to travel with one. The mirror inside is generous and doesn't look cheap. For the price they are charging, the packaging should be bang on and it is.

Packaging: 10/10   
Pigmentation: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Colour Stays True: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 7/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Overall Rating:  9.5/10

1 comment:

  1. I love this two shades so much! This two shades are best from my Becca highlighter collection in my opinion. Universal shades! They are so pigmented. For the first time, I swatched them from Lina Cameron, while doing my make up lesson by Lina Cameron .
    After that I ordered mine from Beautybay.com! I used few more shades of them, but I love this two most! <3

    ReplyDelete