Pages

Wednesday 8 July 2015

Clinique A Black Honey Affair Wardrobe All About Shadow Palette - Review and Swatches


I got this palette a few months ago as I had seen some good reviews about it. Clinique started making some really good eyeshadow about 15 years ago and I hadn't bought any in ages. Thought it was high time I got on that band wagon again. This palette has 8 shades from left to right in 1A Sugar Cane, 23 Hazy, 02 Black Honey, Lucky Penny, Dark Brown Shade of the Morning Java Quad, CJ Purple Pumps, 3R Lavender Out Loud and 33 Graphite. I have had a few of these colours in the past in singles, duos, quads and the like. This palette is $40 Canadian or $36 U.S. which I think is very reasonable considering how much some cosmetics companies are charging for palettes these days. The total weight of the palette is 0.41 oz. or 11.7g. Very decent in my opinion.


All of these eyeshadows are smooth and creamy. They apply effortlessly. I seriously forgot what a good formula Clinique has for their All About Eyeshadow line. Clinique was ahead of their time years ago with their eyeshadows. You get a dual ended brush/applicator in the palette that isn't totally useless, but it isn't great. One of the things that impresses me the most about this palette is how well all of the colours go together. Looking at them you wouldn't think so, but the possibilities are endless in terms of attractive colour combinations. All of the colours are so interchangeable. The other thing I love about the palette is how sleek and compact it is. Perfect for travel.


Sorry my hand and camera are in this shot. It was so hard to stay out the pictures with the mirror case. Speaking of which, as you can see, the whole case inside and out is a mirror so it's super handy. The one downside is that fingerprints show up so easily on it. I really can't recommend this palette enough. I would definitely buy one of the other palettes in this product line without question. I haven't been this thrilled about a palette in a long time. Last time I was super impressed would likely be the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette.

Okay, swatch time. The colours are displayed left to right as labelled and shown above in the other pics. One pic is in natural light and the other in artificial light with flash photography. Pigmentation is superb as you can see.


 
 
Packaging: 10/10  
Pigmentation: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Colour Stays True: 10/10
Texture: 9/10
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 8/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? HELL YES
Overall Rating:  10/10


No comments:

Post a Comment