Pages

Friday 8 May 2015

Makeup Geek (MUG) Foiled Eyeshadows in Grandstand and Mesmerized - Review and Swatches


I recently bought two Makeup Geek foiled eyeshadows in the shades Grandstand and Mesmerized. These are super shiny and extremely pigmented. They are $9.99 U.S. each in the pan as shown above. In terms of size they are 1.8 g or 0.064 oz.

Grandstand is described as a medium rose gold with slight taupe undertones and a foiled finish. When Marlena from Makeup Geek wears this shadow in videos it looks almost champagne coloured. In person, I find it to be super copper coloured. I confess I am not a copper eyeshadow lover so I was a bit disappointed. That being said, if you like copper toned eyeshadows, this one is a real winner. The colour stays true, it's easy to blend, it's super pigmented and on the right person, the colour would be an absolute knock out.

Mesmerized on the other hand, is right up my alley. Pair it with silver eyeshadow and you have a serious winner. It is described by Makeup Geek as deep medium taupe with strong purple undertones and a foiled finish. I wish it was a tad more purple, but at the same time, it is lovely as it is. Swatches are below with Grandstand on the left and Mesmerized on the right. Just look at that shine.



I have full intentions of purchasing more Makeup Geek foiled eyeshadows after seeing how these perform. I know there was some talk about these crumbling during shipping but I had no issues and they had to travel to Canada. The butter fingers at Canada Post managed to get them to me unscathed. I believe Marlena was going to work on them to cut down on the problem and perhaps she has it resolved since mine would have been from a later or more recent batch. There is some very minor fallout with these, but frankly it's hardly worth talking about. They are just super creamy and feel great gliding onto your lid.

Packaging: 10/10  (the are palette refills so nothing to get excited about but they serve their purpose)
Pigmentation: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Colour Stays True: 10/10
Texture: 9/10
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 10/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? HELL YES
Overall Rating:  10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment