Pages

Sunday 24 May 2015

Inglot Freedom System Eye Shadow 441 Pearl - Review and Swatch


I have been fascinated with makeup since about the age of 12. I wore makeup as soon as I could (when my mom would let me which would be mid teens) and have continued with it ever since. My true hard core obsession started about 6 years ago. That's when I started collecting makeup and started to watch youtube makeup tutorials like it was going out of style. It was around that time, circa 2009, that Inglot was a much talked about brand for eyeshadow. It was in my mind for years that I needed to try one of their eyeshadows. Problem? Inglot isn't sold in Canada and you can't even order their regular eyeshadow line to be shipped here. They have hardly any stores even in the States. So a little while ago when I took a trip to Las Vegas, I picked up an eyeshadow and a nail polish.

I only recently busted out this eyeshadow which is a pearl shadow in 441. There is no name for it. I hate that. Inglot and Make Up For Ever must be in cahoots together on this one. There is no description available for this colour. I would describe it as an opal violet. Each pan is 2.7g or 0.09 oz. which is huge compared to most other refill pan options in other brands. They are currently selling for $7.00 U.S. which is very reasonable. I feel like this product's time has passed. This would be an excellent eyeshadow if we were still in 2000's not 2010's. In fact, I never hear of anyone using this brand anymore.What I will say for it is that it is very well pigmented and it's quite long lasting.

I don't find that this eyeshadow swatches well. It works much better on your actual eyelid. Here are a couple of swatches:

  


It is a pretty colour and it is somewhat unusual. The formula feels a bit dry and a tad chalky to me. I am so use to using creamy eyeshadows now that I find it hard to go back to these old school formulations. All of this being said, for $7, it's a good buy considering you get a huge quantity of product, the pigmentation is decent and you get great  longevity. I would sooner reach for my Makeup Geek eyeshadows for $5.99 though.

Packaging: 8/10  (can't get too excited about a refill pan)
Pigmentation: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 8/10
Longevity: 10/10
Colour Stays True: 10/10
Texture: 6/10
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 8/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10 (if you have a magnetic case for it)
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? Maybe but not likely
Overall Rating:  8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment