Pages

Monday 11 May 2015

Fresh Sugar Shine Lip Treatment in Clear - Review and Swatch


I got a generous sample of this awhile back as part of some Sephora promotion. In fact, I got 3 generous Fresh samples together in a set at the time. The regular size of one of these tubes is 0.2 oz. My sample is exactly half of the regular size coming in at 0.1 oz. Not too shabby. A full size tube is $22 Canadian or $18.50 U.S.

I have the one in Clear and it is exactly as it sounds...clear. It does have a bit of shimmer to it. I am almost done my tube and I have been struggling to do a review on it for weeks because it's one of those products that is not easily loved or hated. I will say that it is far more moisturizing than I expected. It smells like lemonade to me, like a lot of Fresh products do. It looks fine worn alone or you can layer it over a lipstick for some extra shine and moisture.

It is a good product but its very underwhelming as far as lip products go. It's hard to get excited about it. It is a little sticky but not overly so. I don't find it to be overly long lasting. I find myself doing frequent touch ups when I wear it. Not an exciting review, but there it is. Here is the swatch, such as it is:



Packaging: 8/10
Pigmentation: N/A
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 5/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 7/10 (a little steep but a good product nonetheless)
Ingredients: 8/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Comfortable to Wear: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 7/10 (not much to see)
Would I buy this again? Maybe
Overall Rating: 8.5/10 

Bits and Bites
  • I didn't bother to do an April favourites this month. All I had was 3 eyeshadows (all Makeup Geek) and one hair product. I will perhaps merge them into my May favourites.
  • Makeup Geek brush review coming next!

No comments:

Post a Comment