Pages

Thursday 28 May 2015

Bite Beauty High Pigment Lip Pencils in Cranberry and Quince - Review and Swatches


I have a short review today. This review won't be anything fancy, but the product is very fancy indeed. As some of you may know, Bite Beauty makes my favourite lip products. You just can't beat them for pigmentation, longevity, moisturization and safe ingredients. Unless you get a nude shade, they are crazy vibrant! They apply easy; just glide on. If you don't eat or drink anything, they will last for hours. As for comfort, nothing else on the market compares. To boot, they are safe enough to eat!

It has become my mission to acquire as many shades as possible. Bite Beauty sells a lot of sets of these lipsticks, especially through Sephora. I must own over 15 shades now and I have yet to get a shade I disliked. I prefer lipstick in a tube format over the pencil stick as this product is. However, they get the job done so who am I to be picky?

I think, but wouldn't swear, that I got these two shades in the same set. Both of the ones I have above are smaller sized, 0.05 oz. each. The full sized version is 0.09 oz. and retails for $28 Canadian or $24 U.S. I think I paid just over $20 for 4 of these smaller versions. Not a bad deal indeed.

Okay, swatches. Cranberry is on the left and Quince is on the right.


Cranberry seems to be a limited edition colour, but Bite comes out with so many sets all of the time, I am sure the colour will reappear soon. I think they like to bring it out for Christmas. It's a deep blue red with some rose in it. I have no issue rocking this shade year round.

Quince is a permanent shade and appears to come in a variety of packaging formats - tube, pencil etc. This is a very pink red and is described as rose berry. I find it a bit loud and I have to be careful what I wear it with or I think it can look a bit clownish. I prefer Cranberry, but I think on the right person Quince would be most flattering. Perhaps on a darker skinned person, it could be a serious knockout!

Packaging: 10/10
Pigmentation: 15/10 (is that possible?)
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 7/10 (worth every penny though)
Ingredients: 10/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!!
Overall Rating: 10/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment