Pages

Wednesday 22 April 2015

Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss in 104 and 107 - Review and Swatches


I am doing a review of some drug store makeup today! I must be feeling feverish.

Emily from Beauty Broadcast recommended these lipsticks in her 2014 Emily Awards. She has been raving about them for a while and so have other bloggers. Here is the link to Emily's post:
http://www.beautybroadcast.net/2015/02/emily-awards-2014-best-lip-products.html

Curiosity got the better of me and I bought 107. I wish makeup companies would give their shades names and not numbers, especially when it isn't foundation. I liked 107 so much I bought 104. I am thinking about getting 111 now but that will likely be it. In the picture below, 104 is on the left and 107 is on the right.



Where to begin? Smell. These lipsticks have a very strong cosmetics smell. It may be off putting for some. It bothers me a bit but I can deal with it. These are both matte shades but they are super creamy and ridiculously comfortable. If it wasn't for the smell, I would swear these were high end lipsticks. They have a nice velvet finish. The price is good too. I think I paid $7.99 Canadian for each of mine. I am sure they go up to $10 in some drugstores. I have seen them in the U.S. for $4.99. The packaging is a bit cheap but it isn't a disaster. At this price point, who cares.

It's hard to describe the colour of 104. It's a nude pink with a rum and raisin thing going on. As for 107, it's a blue red with a gorgeous red finish. It is opaque as is and one swipe will do you, but you can build it deeper if you wish. I have had several compliments on this one. While I like 104, it's a bit blah for my taste and 107 really hits the mark. They are very long lasting, especially 107, and you would think it would be the other way around! I have worn 107, had two meals and a few glasses of water and it's still on hours later! Maybe not perfect looking at that point,  but still very intense and red. The colour stays true for both of these and for me that is a big deal when we are talking about lipstick.

Swatch time! 104 is on the left and 107 is on the right.


I don't remember the last time I was this impressed by lipstick from the drugstore. There are 9 shades in this particular line. You should check them out.

Packaging: 6.5/10
Pigmentation: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: ??? Wish I knew
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Comfortable to Wear: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? HELL YES
Overall Rating: 9.5/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment