Pages

Thursday 30 April 2015

Ouidad Botanical Boost Moisture Infusing & Refreshing Spray - Review

I saw a list on another bloggers website awhile back about the best curl refreshing sprays on the market and this was listed as one of them. I had high hopes for this one. It was a bust sadly.

The first thing I noticed about it was the smell. It has a really strong, spicy pungent smell. When I spray it, it makes me cough like crazy. I have to spray, hold my breath and run out the room immediately. I don't know what Ouidad was thinking when they created this product. The smell is really nasty and wicked on your throat and lungs. I don't suggest lighting a match after spraying it.

How does the product perform? Not so good. I find that it makes my hair feel soft at first but my hair looks matted in areas when I use this. It doesn't loosen nor refresh curls. After a hour or so my hair starts to feel like straw and it looks like crap. It makes my hair look flat and sometimes makes my natural curls uncurl and hang at odd angles. Sorry, no way to sugar coat it. I have used a lot and I have used a little. No difference either way.

I wish I could return it to Sephora but I have had it a few months and I just feel like a moron returning something so late.

If I need to wet my hair a smidge I sometimes reach for this as it's there, but it really does jack squat for me. I totally regret this purchase. A bottle is 8.5 fl. oz. or 250 ml and it costs $25 Canadian or $20 U.S. This may very well be the worst product that I have found this year so far.

Packaging: 8/10
Easy to Work With: 0/10
Touchable Hair: 0/10
Humidity Resistance: 0/10
Hold: 0/10
Volumizing: 0/10
Price: 0/10 for what you get in return
Ingredients: 7/10
Value for Money: 0/10
Would I buy this again? NO WAY JOSE
Overall Rating: 0/10

2 comments:

  1. I’m pretty certain my lungs have been irritated for two weeks now after using this product.

    ReplyDelete