Pages

Thursday 16 April 2015

Makeup Geek MUG Eyeshadows in Latte and Bitten - Review


I recently put in a fair sized order with Makeup Geek and here are two of my spoils from the purchase. On the left is Latte and on the right is Bitten. Both are eyeshadows. The picture above was taken with the flash on my camera. The picture below is without the flash.


I don't know why I delayed ordering these two for so long. They are both fabulous, neutral colours that would be a plus to have in any makeup collection. For some strange reason, I always had the false impression that Latte was really dark - a medium to dark brown. It is described as a matte medium brown. It looks so dark on their website! Anyway, I actually think this is the perfect brown crease colour for me. It's not too light, not too dark and it has some peach in it so it warms up the crease or brow bone nicely. I feel like I am committing blasphemy here, but dare I say I like the colour of Latte better than MAC's Wedge which has been my go to neutral crease colour for years. I think Wedge might be a little more long lasting than Latte, but Latte is slightly easier to work with and I prefer the colour. Oh and of course Latte is a fraction of the price coming in at $5.99 U.S.

Here are the swatches with Latte on the left and Bitten on the right:


Bitten blends really well and it's a nice alternative for the outer "v" from your standard, garden variety dark browns. It is described by MUG to be a matte deep maroon red. To me, it's not super red and it's kind of a plum burgundy, but MUG's description is fair. I find this colour to be very long lasting.

Ages ago I did I blog post on my Top 10 Makeup Geek eyeshadows. If I were to do this list again and update it, it would include these two which means I would have to bump two out of the list. Maybe I should update that list one of these days. Let me know if you would like to see that. Here is the link if you are interested to my previous blog post: http://mymakeupissues.blogspot.ca/2013/09/top-10-makeup-geek-mug-eyeshadows.html

I really love both of these colours as you can tell. I have a fair amount of other newly acquired MUG products to show you soon!

Packaging: 10/10  (the are palette refills so nothing to get excited about but they serve their purpose)
Pigmentation: 9/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 8/10 Latte and 10/10 Bitten
Colour Stays True: 10/10
Texture: 8/10
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 10/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? HELL YES
Overall Rating:  9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment