Pages

Monday 23 March 2015

theBalm Smoke Balm Smokey Eye Palette Set 2 or Eye Palette 2 - Review and Swatches


Hi everyone! I have been sick for the past few days and had no steam at all. I started this blog post days ago and I decided I had to hurry up and finish it - get it posted already! I previously posted a blog review on the Set 1 or Eye Palette One version of this product line. There are two by the way. Here is the link to the first one:

http://mymakeupissues.blogspot.ca/2014/10/thebalm-smoke-balm-smokey-eye-palette.html

Before I get into the nitty gritty review on Set 2 or Eye Palette Two, I have to say that I like Set 1 better. I think the quality is a touch better and the colours are more cool toned so more suited to my personal tastes. If you prefer warm colours, you might very well prefer this set.

I picked up this set for $7.50 U.S. on Hautelook. I think it normally retails for about $12 U.S. I assume it is quite hard to find but I know Hautelook has had it on sale at least twice to my knowledge in the past several months. I always pounce when I see TheBalm eyeshadow palettes in general, let alone on sale, because they are such good quality eyeshadows and are excellent value for your money. TheBalm's packaging is also one of my favourties on the market. So cute!




So there are three eyeshadows in the palette: Kindle, Glow and Combust. Kindle is a blackened green. I don't have anything else like it in my collection so it is a welcome addition. Kindle can be a bit messy to work with so apply with caution. I think it gives a really cool, unique look though if you are tired of wearing the same old black or dark brown eyeshadow. Glow is a matte medium brown. It's not sure if it is warm or cool toned. I can't say that I love the colour. It isn't overly pigmented and is kind of forgettable in my book. It does go well with the other two colours in this set though. Combust is no where near as shimmery on the lid as it looks in the pan. I really like the way that it sets off Kindle though. They make a formidable duo with Glow playing the straight man in between.




A nice tiny mirror is inside the palette which is always handy to have. The palette is sleek and compact. Perfect for travel due to its size and magnetic case. One the back of the palette are instructions for how to wear this palette. I haven't worn it this way, but I will! Sorry pic is a bit dark.


Here are the swatches on my arm and me wearing it. The Kindle colour looked lighter on my camera than it did in real life on my eyelid. I think I have some foundation in my eyebrows too - hot! Sorry about that.



I have to say that for $7.50 U.S., this is a steal and a no brainer purchase. I got this set because I loved Set One so much. You could have a lot of fun with this trio.

Packaging: 10/10  (sleek, compact, pretty and nice mirror)  
Pigmentation: 7/10 (Glow is a bit sad)
Easy to Work With: 7/10 (Kindle can be messy)
Longevity: 8/10
Colour Stays True: 10/10
Texture: 7.5/10
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 9/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? HELL YES
Overall Rating:  9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment