Pages

Sunday 15 March 2015

Bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash - Review

This is one of those products that I really wanted to love. I really like the colour of this product, reminds me of a sea breeze, and it says it is "fabulous foaming". Sounds fantastic! I was picturing an ocean like car wash on my face! How fantastic would that be! Sadly, it was only a dream...

Let's talk about the smell. A lot of people seem to really like the smell of this product, but I am not one of them. To me, this smells like fresh bubble gum. I don't like the smell of bubble gum though, so if you do like that smell, disregard my complaint. Ingredients...I don't know what I was thinking, but I bought this having thought I read the ingredients. It has parabens in it and for a daily face wash, that isn't cool in my book. I have used this product on and off for a few months, mostly before I realized that I had clearly not read the ingredients properly. So I can say that I gave the product a fair shot before I knew about the parabens.

It is a gel cleanser and it doesn't foam on me at all. I have tried it with a lot of water, with a little water, with a moderate amount and no foam! I really don't have clue what Bliss was thinking about when they named this face wash. It should be called the Bliss Unfabulous Non-Foaming Face Wash. There are little beads in the gel which work as exfoliators. I am not sure what the beads are made out of, but they scratch my face and they feel like plastic bits of debris. It's not a nice feeling.

It does take off a fair bit of dirt and makeup, but not enough for my liking. If I run a cotton pad over my face after I have washed my face twice with this, I still get dirt and makeup coming off. I really don't feel like I get a deep clean when I use this. My skin feels mildly soft after use but I think that is because I still have my moisturizer and makeup on my face that hasn't washed off.

The bottles for this product come in two sizes. One is 2 oz. 60ml. size for $11 Canadian or $9 U.S. and the other is 6.7oz. for $29 Canadian or $24 U.S. I am happy I bought the cheaper 2 oz. size. The picture I have above is of the full size version.

Other than the cool colour of the product, I don't like anything about it. I am truly disappointed and a little bummed out about this purchase.

Packaging: 8/10
Texture: 0/10
Price: 6/10
Ingredients: 5/10
Easy to Work With: 2/10  
Travel Worthy: 4/10 
Deep Cleans: 0/10
Moisturizing: 0/10
Comfortable/Softening: 5/10
Smell: 2/10
Would I buy this again? HELL NO   
Overall Rating: 2.5/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment