Pages

Saturday 21 February 2015

Tony Moly Bbo Bbo Lip Balm in Honey - Review


I ordered this Tony Moly Bbo Bbo Lip Balm in Honey from Sephora a few weeks ago. While a lot of people think the packaging is cute, I think it's kind of bulky and obnoxious. Since I don't plan to travel with this, and it just sits on my night table, the packaging is not a huge deal. I paid $11 Canadian for this. It is $9 U.S. and each one is 7.4g or 0.26 oz. which is quite a bit bigger than a Burt's Bees lip balm.



Overall, I have to say that the product works well, smells lovely (like honey), moisturizes, is super comfortable and it doesn't slide off of your lips much. I think the price is reasonable. I only have two complaints about the product. One is the packaging as I already mentioned and the second is the ingredients. I don't know what I was thinking when I bought this, but the third ingredient is Petrolatum which is basically mineral oil. Not good for sure, very cheap and many would argue very bad for you. I don't use this lip balm daily as a result. I will not repurchase it for that reason alone. If you aren't fussed about ingredients nor the packaging of this balm, you might enjoy this lip balm very much! There is something nice, cozy and comforting about the smell.

I have to say though that although this product works well, it can't hold a candle to the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask. Speaking of which I have some news on that (got a new colour and have an update on the packaging situation) and will share in the next day or two.


 
 
Packaging: 7/10
Pigmentation: N/A
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 8/10
Texture: 9/10
Price: 10/10 (for what you get it's a reasonable price)
Ingredients: 4/10
Travel Worthy: 5/10
Comfortable to Wear: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? NO
Overall Rating: 7/10 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment