Pages

Wednesday 4 February 2015

Stila In The Moment - Review and Swatches


As some of you may know, the Stila eyeshadow palette In The Moment, pictured above, has been recently discontinued. I did a blog post about this a month ago. You might be wondering why on earth I am bothering to do a review on this palette now. There is a method to my madness. You see, Stila has a habit of repromoting their eyeshadows into new palettes. So needless to say, I was not surprised when I saw that Stila has come out with a new palette that, lo and behold, contains some eyeshadows from this and other similar recently discontinued Stila palettes.

The new palette Stila has out is called Nouveau Natural Eye Shadow Palette. This new palette has 12 eyeshadows, 5 of which were in the In the Light, In the Moment and In the Know palettes. The eyeshadows Instinct and Desire from In The Moment are in the new palette. I have a funny feeling that this might only be the beginning of Stila repromoting some of their recently discontinued eyeshadows. So all that being said, I thought now would be a good time to post the swatches for future reference.



I won't say much about In The Moment as a whole because it is discontinued. I enjoy this palette very much. It would be a good one to travel with as you can do a lot of looks with it and it's slim and lightweight. All of the colours have good pigmentation even though a couple of them didn't swatch so well on my arm. They all blended well together. The darker shades and the purples are the stars of this palette The violet and purple colours are surprisingly wearable. They look kind of neutral on and don't scream "look at my purple eyeshadow" on the eyelid. These are not the smoothest or creamiest eyeshadows on the market, but they do a damn fine job and have great longevity.



You get 10 eyeshadows in this palette along with a Smudge Stick in Tetra. I haven't used it yet I just realized. My bad. I will update this post once I do. You can apply the eyeshadows wet or dry. I haven't tried them wet yet. The total weight of this palette is 0.49 oz. for the eyeshadows which is 0.049 oz. or 1.39 g for each shadow. That is pretty close to the size of a MAC eyeshadow. If I had to choose one colour that I am not crazy about, it would be Desire, which is funny, because that is one of the colours that they have already repromoted!

My favourites are Impulse, Glance, Improvise, Catalyst, Wonder, Spontaneous and Captivate. Captivate reminds me of MAC's Trax, only Captivate is more grey and pink if that makes sense. Spontaneous is the more golden version of Stila's cult favouite, Kitten. Whim and Wonder are colours that I have seen in a hundred different other palettes. The quality of them is good though here.


Okay, so the ones pictured above here are Instinct, Impulse and Glance on the top with Desire, Wonder and Spontaneous on the bottom row.


I picked up this palette for about $25 I believe on Sephora's website when they put it on sale near Christmas. This is a quality palette and it was well worth the money and more. In the above picture we have Glance (again), Improvise and Catalyst on the top row and on the bottom row is Spontaneous (again), Whim and Captivate. Pretty, huh?


Okay, swatch time! Below is Instinct, Impulse, Glance, Improvise and Catalyst from left to right


Next, in the picture below is Desire, Wonder, Spontaneous, Whim and Captivate.



I am sad to see Stila's old palettes go. What about you? Hopefully, the new ones will be good too.

Packaging: 9/10     
Pigmentation: 8.5/10
Easy to Work With: 9/10
Longevity: 8/10
Colour Stays True: 9/10
Texture: 7/10
Price: 10/10 
Ingredients: 8/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10 
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10 
Would I buy this again?  I would if I could
Overall Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment