Pages

Monday 16 February 2015

Pixi by Petra Beauty Correction Concentrate Concealer Brightening Peach - Review and Swatch


I bought this jar of Pixi by Petra Beauty Correction Concentrate Concealer Brightening Peach over a year ago. Is that a long name or what? The reason I haven't blogged about it is because it is just one of those products that I neither loved nor hated and I felt very on the fence about it for the longest time. I have used this product quite a bit over the past year plus and I now feel like I can give you an honest review about it. I bought this at a Target store in Florida. My local Target here in Canada (soon to be closed) never had this product in stock. Hence, why Target is leaving Canada - they just never had the same inventory as the U.S. stores do and Canadians had certain expectations that were never met. Going off on a tangent....

Back to Pixi. This retails for between $15-$17 U.S. I believe. Not cheap when you consider that there are high end competitors pedaling their products for a few dollars more. I think the packaging is kind of cute yet creppy all at the same time. Look at this up close picture of the product (please excuse how dirty the packaging looks as it has been well used for the past year). Is it me, or doesn't that look creepy? Like the Mothman Prophecies or something.


I will say though that you get a lot of product here and it is in a glass jar so kudos to Pixi for that. There is 3g or 0.5 oz. in a jar. When you compare it to Bobbi Brown's 1.4g or 0.05 oz., you can see you get double the amount. I find this product to be more pink than peach. I believe peach is what you really need to cover under eye circles and not so much pink.



Like I said, I have been using this product quite a bit over the past year and I have barely put a dent in it. It applies smoothly and doesn't crease. My main complaint about it is that I find it fades into your skin easily. It doesn't seem to have a lot of longevity. In fact, I sometimes see it fading as I am applying it and I have to keep putting more on to cover my circles before I put some foundation or skin coloured concealer on top of it. I feel that correctors should sit on the skin not absorb into it. It's also too pink and not peach enough for my taste.



I really wanted to love this product but it just isn't cutting it enough for me. I do think it works to some extent and it is better than nothing to correct the dark circle colour under your eyes. For drug store stuff (a bit pricey for the drug store but sure whatever) I think it might be the best thing you can find at that level. If you want a lot of product (that will last you until the end of time), want to spend as little as possible and don't have horrendous dark circles like me, this may be a reasonable choice. I would caution though that the colour of this may not work on some skin tones. I can't think of which ones at the moment, but this is really pigmented pink although it fades into your skin fast.


Okay, here is the swatch. It's quite pink, no? Swatch on left, blend out on the right.

 
 
Packaging: 9/10  (point off for being creepy)
Pigmentation: 10/10  swatch   6/10 once applied
Easy to Work With: 7/10 (applies super easily but fades)
Longevity: 5/10
Texture: 9/10 
Price: 7.5/10 for what it is
Ingredients: 7/10 
Travel Worthy: 8/10 (it is a bit heavy though due to the glass but it is small sized) 
Attractiveness of Product: 6/10
Would I buy this again? No
Overall Rating: 6.5/10
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment