Pages

Saturday 7 February 2015

January 2015 Favourites!


This is my first monthly favourites post! I hope you like it. I feel like a bit of a jerk showing you a few of these items as they were limited edition. The beauty world is a funny place though, so you never know when a cosmetics company might repromote them. I hope they do....Lancôme and MAC, are you listening???

Okay, let's start off with Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup Foundation. I really like this foundation and I have been wearing it for the last couple of years off and on. I normally wear Estee Lauder's Double Wear Light but my local department store is sold out of my shade (again) so I decided just to dip into the regular Double Wear in my stash. Yes, I was feeling too lazy to get it at Sephora and also I get a lot of free deluxe Estee Lauder samples at this department store so I feel compelled to get my foundation there. Anyway, it's great stuff. Not sure why I keep putting it aside except that it is more heavy duty that the Double Wear Light and I don't always need as much full coverage. A solid foundation, never cakes and lasts all day. My shade is 2N1 Desert Beige 12.

Okay, looks like we are already at me being a jerk time. I really love, and have recently rediscovered (for the 100th time) my MAC Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Sense of Style. It was a limited edition product from the MAC Love Lace Collection a few years ago. It is described as a darkened blue-teal. To me, it looks straight up navy. The colour is so sophisticated and the formula of this kohl is particularly good. This eyeliner reminds me of darker, better quality version of MAC's Prussian eyeliner. This one doesn't transfer and has fantastic longevity. MAC, please repromote this!

Speaking of eyeliners, one of my favourites, which I have recently picked up again is the Merle Norman Purely Mineral Eye Pencil in Dusk. It's a hazy grey blue colour. I think it looks fantastic with brown eyes. I have had this particular eyeliner for ages, but Merle Norman still sells it. It looks great smoked out on the upper lash line. This is by far one of the best products that Merle Norman makes.

While we are still on the topic of eyeliners...Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Carbon Black is the bomb. I love this liquid liner more than any I have ever used before. I do have the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner waiting in my stash to be tried, but I can not tell you how much I love my Stila liquid liner. It's smudge proof too and I need that!

Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask. My tube is destroyed and looks like hell. The packaging on it is some of the worst packaging that I have ever seen. Every time I touch the tube, the colour comes off all over my hand. I emailed Bite Beauty about this 3 weeks ago and haven't heard back!!! I will be calling them directly soon. All of that aside, this is the best lip care product on the market. I have worn it multiple times per day for the past 2-3 months. Nothing has ever saved my lips in the winter before like this. I would buy every single tube I could find it I thought they were going to discontinue it.

Back to being a jerk again. MAC Pressed Amber Blush. I am not into a lot of warm colours, but this blush knocks my socks off. It was a limited edition blush from a few years ago, not sure what collection it was. This is easily one of my favourite blushes. It is so flattering on and easy to use. It looks good with everything. If MAC ever repromotes this blush, you have got to get it!

Tarte Amazonian Clay Long-Wear Blush in Exposed. This is one hell of a nice blush. I have been wearing it back and forth with MAC's Pressed Amber. This is such a nice, neutral, all purpose blush. It looks good with anything. If you don't already own it, you need to check it out.

Last two products. I have mentioned this product before. Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear Concealer in 02 Light Medium. This is the perfect face concealer for minor blemishes and imperfections. It blends in seamlessly with both of my Estee Lauder foundations and it works well with other foundations and BB products as well. It's quick and easy and gets the job one.

Last, but not least, the lipstick that I have been wearing all month. It saddens me to speak of it because it is no longer available and hasn't been for a very long time. It's Lancôme Sheer Magnetic Fruits Delicieux. It's a sheer, but buildable purple brown lipstick. It works well with the current on trend dark purple or brown lip. The nice thing about it is that it isn't matte and looks good with a clear gloss. So if you aren't feeling fully committed to a strong dark lip, this looks a lot lighter and conservative workplace friendly. I am literally scrapping the bottom of the tube at present. I have had this for so long, it's shameful. It's so moisturizing and lovely. My only complaint would be that it isn't long lasting so you have to touch up quite a bit with it on. Lancôme, this was the best lipstick you ever made, please bring it back!    

No comments:

Post a Comment