Pages

Thursday 26 February 2015

Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask in Smashed - Review and Swatch Pic

 
 
I can't take a picture of my Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask in Smashed that looks as good as this one which is from Sephora's website. I meant to have this post up a few days ago, but alas, I got too busy.
I bought this because I loved the clear Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask so much and it has become such a holy grail for me this past winter. I found myself wearing the clear one so much that I wouldn't touch a lipstick for days sometimes. I was starting to feel a bit plain Jane so I bought this product in a coloured version, known as Smashed which is a berry colour. There is also one in Champagne which is a rose gold pearl. I am more of a berry girl so I opted for Smashed.
 
This product is $26 U.S. or $30 Canadian and the tube contains 0.52 oz./15g and is made in Canada. Sweet. The amount of product you get is excellent. The colour of Smashed is not loud and is very subdued. It does give your lips a bit of colour though which is what I craved for using this during daytime hours. I find you can build the colour up a bit but it's still quite sheer. Super glossy and pretty though I think.
 
Some of you who read my previous post on the clear version of lip product know that I had a serious issue with the packaging. I am pleased to report that I have had no issues with the packaging of Smashed so far. I contacted Bite's head office here in Toronto and I was told that they had asked the company who do their packaging to improve it based on customer's experience over the past year. They said they think the problem should be solved on new tubes go forward and that they made the change for the launch of Smashed. Here is the link to my previous review/post of the clear version. Please note that my tube of the clear one now looks 10,000 times worse than it did in the pic I posted here. I will be sure to show you what is left of it when it hits my monthly empties one of these days. 
 
 
 


I am very happy with this product although I do think it is a little pricey. I feel good about the ingredients they use as opposed to what they put in similar other brand products. Nothing on the market works as well as this if you have dry, cracked, irritated lips so to me it is worth every penny and more. Here is a picture of how it looks on me. Just a hint of colour as you can see.


 
 
 
 
Packaging: 10/10
Pigmentation: 7/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 10/10 (for what you get it's a reasonable price)
Ingredients: 10/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Comfortable to Wear: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10 (great shine!)
Would I buy this again? I would by the case
Overall Rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment