Pages

Wednesday 14 January 2015

Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Lipstick 240 Tumultuous Pink - Review and Swatch


There has been a lot of buzz the last few months about Estee Lauder's new Pure Color Envy Lipsticks. I own one so far in 240 Tumultuous Pink. This is a very vibrant, warm pink. It is described as a deep berry pink. I personally prefer more of a cool toned pink because it just looks better with my colouring, but this is a very lovely warm pink and I think I am pulling it off. In fact, I would guess that just about anyone with any skin tone could pull this colour off as long as they are brave enough to wear it. I have had several compliments on this colour since I started wearing it a couple of months ago. The pigmentation is out of this world. The colour is crazy vibrant. You don't need to apply a lot to get a full coverage, matte lip. Here is the swatch:


Is that wild or what? I think I need to start modelling these lipstick colours so that you can see what they look like on. Mental note to do that next time. The problem is that half of the time when I do these blog posts, I am home in my PJ's and bunny slippers at the end of the day and am not in full makeup.

This lipstick is very comfortable to wear. Your lips feel moisturized the entire time you are wearing it. I have seriously worn this (with only one application) for 8 plus hours and the colour is still on there even after a meal and drinking lots of water. The colour does fade of course over several hours, but there is still some on and you can see the colour several hours later. One curious thing I have noticed is that I find my top lip fades a lot more than the bottom lip with this lipstick. I have never noticed that before with any other lipstick. That being said, this has to be one of the longest wearing lipsticks on the market. When you look at it, smell it, apply and wear it, you know this is no cheap lipstick. It's smooth and glides on like butter. If you are like me, this type of lipstick makes you feel dressed up and luxurious instantly.

Pure Color Envy lipsticks are sold at Sephora for $34 Canadian or $30 U.S. Not cheap. I bought mine from the Estee Lauder counter and I think I paid a few bucks more, but maybe I am mistaken. Will check that out. The case is magnetic and is quite nice. You are not likely to lose the cap in your purse and make a big mess as a result. Good quality stuff. As you can see from the picture below, my tube looks hardly used. I have worn it several times so you can see that you don't need a lot of product. This is not the type of lipstick that you would blow through quickly.

 
 
I already have my eye on Insolent Plum, Vengeful Red, Dominant and Reckless. How about you?
 
Packaging: 10/10
Pigmentation: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 7/10 
Ingredients: 8/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Comfortable to Wear: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10 
Would I buy this again? Yes in a split second
Overall Rating: 9.5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment