Pages

Saturday 13 December 2014

My Picks for Great Stocking Stuffer Ideas for a Makeup or Beauty Lover


I feel like I haven't done a blog in ages! I am so very sorry for being away. It has been an insane last week and a half for me. I had to write this big exam, work has been crazy, had a couple of migraines, my computer wasn't working for a little bit and I had a couple of Christmas parties to fit in. Somehow, I survived and now I am back to blogging. Hooray!

I was planning to do a blog on my favourite holiday palettes and sets that were released this year, but I think I will leave that until tomorrow.

I am personally struggling with coming up with stocking stuffer ideas (mostly for the hubby) this year so I thought I should do a little post on some things that I have picked up lately that I think would be a good choice for the makeup or beauty lover in your life. The best part? They are all reasonably priced. Okay, so here we go in no particular order:

1. Hard Candy Fierce Effects High Intensity Eye Shadow in 896 Soft & Sultry - This is a great, cure little duo and for $6 U.S., hey, you can't go wrong. They are also fun and very wearable. I got mine at Wal-Mart. They come in other colours too!

2. Bite Luminous Crème Lipstick Duo in Scarlet and Poppy - There are a few different colour options for these duos. I have 3 of them...The Bite formula is unsurpassed. I don't know anyone that doesn't love these lipsticks. The fact that you get two lipsticks (albeit smaller sized) for $12 U.S. or $15 Canadian is a fantastic deal. You can even use this as an ornament for your tree. Got mine at Sephora.

3. Burt's Bees A Bit of Burt's Bees Set with Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream and Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil - I think I paid $4.49 U.S. for this. I am not giving it away. I love both of these products and they are natural. I bought it at Ulta in the U.S. but I have seen them at Target too for the same price. The lip balm alone retails for this price! Every year a go-to stuffing stuffer for moi is anything by Burt's Bees. Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

4. L'Occitane En Provence Shea Travel Treats - This set, that doubles as a tree ornament, has a 1 oz. Shea Butter Hand Cream and a 1 oz. Shea Butter Foot Cream. Both products are two of my faves. The travel size is so handy for your purse or a week away. This is the priciest item on my list but I think you would be hard pressed to find someone who didn't love and appreciate this dynamic duo. It's $20 U.S. or $24 Canadian. I bought this at Sephora.

5. Sephora VIP Pass Eyeshadow Palette - I am not the biggest fan of Sephora brand cosmetics, but when I saw this, it was a no brainer. I considered giving it away, but I am keeping it for myself. I am a selfish bitch, I know. This is a slim, compact eyeshadow palette that is perfect for your purse or for travel. It contains 8 eyeshadows. These 8 eyeshadows all are you need to create a sophisticated neutral or brown look, and also everything you need to create a smokey eye for night. The colours look  incredible and the browns are stunning. Full review coming soon. It's $12 by the way. Yes, only $12.....the price sealed the deal for me.

6. Korres 6 Body Butters in Papaya Mango, Guava, Jasmine, Vanilla Guava, Cassis Fig and Basil Lemon - I bought two sets of these. One for me and one for a friend. The sticker says $25 Canadian but Shoppers Drug Mart is currently selling them for $19.99. I have tried only 1 Korres product before, but had heard good things about their body butters. They care about their ingredients too so that is a major plus in my book. Let me tell you that these body butters are super luxurious. My skin sings when I apply them and I don't have to reapply until I shower. I thought I would not like some of the scents but so far I like them all! I know what you are thinking. You are wondering why I am showing you this big set as it is clearly not a stocking stuffer. Well my friends, I have an indecent proposal. Split them up and you have 6 stocking stuffers for just over $3 each. You won't find a better bargain for a quality product this Christmas my friends. They are each sealed inside the cap too so go crazy and break the set up!

I hope you found this blog post helpful! I will be back tomorrow with more gift giving ideas!

2 comments:

  1. wow I love your haul! and I hope you're doing well too. painful migraine begone~^^

    ReplyDelete