Pages

Monday 1 December 2014

it Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Palette - Review and Swatches


Okay everyone, I am going to go ahead and jump right into today's palette review. This is the it Cosmetics Naturally Pretty palette. I bought it on the Shopping Channel (QVC in the U.S. basically) over a month ago for just under $40 Canadian. I got it during a promotion and there was a discount etc. This palette has 15 eyeshadows -  14 matte colours and one supposed shimmer called Transforming Pearl. The packaging is nice and sleek and the array of colour options is quite nice and extensive. This would be a good palette for travel with one exception dealing with the lighter colours that I will get into in a minute. I must say that I am not a big fan though of the baby pink felt cover. It's a bit too Mary Kay and granny for me. It will show up any fluff or dirt easily and I imagine it will look pretty mangy in no time.



To me this palette is a little bit different. I really like the sunset type colours and the purples. I think all of the medium to dark eyeshadows in this palette are great. They are very pigmented, blend easily and work well together. I have no love for the lighter shades though. Specifically, I am really not digging Sheer Joy, Soft Light, Warmth and Love. I find these colours to be chalky and they do not have staying power even with an eye primer and an eyeshadow base. They don't brighten your eye area and I think that is important. If you are going to wear these shades I would seriously recommend using a light coloured, very opague eyeshadow base such as NYX Milk or Sigma's Awake. They really need something heavy duty and bright under them.



It's funny because I have an it Cosmetics eyeshadow trio palette and my complaint about the lightest shade in there is the same as I feel about the light shades in this palette. Personally, I would pair most of this palette with a satin or shimmer shade from another eyeshadow brand for the light eyeshadow colours. I really don't like them. On top of this, I detest the Transforming Pearl. I don't find anything shimmery about it. It's like applying straight up talc powder to my eyes as far as I am concerned. It makes you look old and powdery and it's so thick! I would just skip that colour altogether. I have used it several times and can't get it to do anything for me. I think the idea of the Transforming Pearl is neat and genius, but the execution of the product was terrible. If any of you have this palette and have had a different experience with Transforming Pearl, please let me know!

Despite my grumbling, I really like 10 of the 15 eyeshadows a lot. I think that's pretty good, no? I don't regret buying this palette and I think $40 for all of this eyeshadow (which has good ingredients!) is a worthy purchase.

Swatch time!


From left to right we have Sheer Joy, Soft Light, Warmth, Soulful, Mocha and Violet. See! The lighter shades are a tad sad.

Did I mention that this palette can be propped up and used that way? I think that is a handy option. Okay, totally side tracked there. Back to the swatches!


So here is Midnight, Noir, Love, Sunrise, Sunset and All Heart. Very pretty I think.

The last three below are Java, Iconic and Transforming Pearl.


Packaging: 8/10 (minus 2 for pink felt)   
Pigmentation: 8/10 (minus 2 for the lighter colours)
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 7.5/10
Colour Stays True: 8/10
Texture: 7/10
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 10/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 8/10 (minus 2 for the lighter shades)
Would I buy this again? Maybe 
Overall Rating:  8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment