Pages

Wednesday 24 December 2014

Bioderma Sensibio H20 Make-Up Removing Solution Sensitive Skin - Review



Merry Christmas everyone! It's Christmas Eve as I type this. A couple of my friends got me this gorgeous bouquet the other day when I hosted dinner. I decided to take a picture of it and then I decided to take a picture with the product I am reviewing today. Hey, why not?

This make-up remover by Bioderma is a cult favourite. It's won a bunch of beauty awards. I have been meaning to try it for years and finally took the plunge. It retails for $26.99 Canadian, however, I got mine on sale for $21.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart. My bottle is 500 ml which is a very decent size. I have also seen it in a smaller size which I wish I had bought first....You can also get it at Rexall. So what do I think about it? Well...

I don't love it. On the up side I like that it is not greasy and it is non-irritating. It seems to wipe clean and does not leave any residue from the product itself. It's super gentle. I actually like it more for removing makeup from my face than from my eyes. Of course, I bought it for eye make-up removal so that kind of defeats the purpose of the purchase and doesn't really meet my needs. I find it does a fine job of removing eyeshadow and eyeliner. It is horrible with mascara. I don't wear waterproof mascara and I have always found that my Klorane eye make-up remover does a fine, quick job with any mascara. No matter what mascara I am wearing, the Bioderma eye make-up remover is slow to take off mascara (numerous wipes needed) and it makes my mascara crumble. These "crumbs" stick all around my eyes and my cheeks. Getting them off of my face is a bitch. Don't even bother trying to get at them with more eye make-up remover. It just spreads them around and turns the "crumbs" into more tiny crumbs. Total nightmare. I go to bed thinking that I got all of the "crumbs" and my lashes are looking mascara free many nights. Then I get in the shower the next morning and I find more "crumbs" coming out of no where and they are sticking all over my face again!!! Ticks me off.

So needless to say, this will not be a repurchase. I am spoilt rotten with my beloved Klorane Soothing Make-Up Remover lotion with the pump dispenser. Some of the other Klorane eye makeup removers are not as good. Here is the link to my blog post on the one I love:

http://mymakeupissues.blogspot.ca/2012/02/klorane-soothing-make-up-remover-lotion.html

Packaging: 9/10
Texture: 10/10  
Price: 7/10
Ingredients: 7/10
Smell: 10/10 (not much of a smell which is nice)
Easy to Work With: 1/10  
Works Well: 0/10
Travel Worthy: 0/10 (not unless you packed some in a separate leak proof container) 
Moisturizing: 10/10
Comfortable/Softening: 10/10
Would I buy this again? NO
Overall Rating: 5/10

2 comments:

  1. aaah too bad that bioderma doesn't seem to work on you. but fortunately it works for me. I just bought my first bottle 2 weeks ago and I could stay this is my holy grail. but I agree with you about how it's not really work for mascara, that's why I used separate oil based remover for my eye area and I used bioderma to wipe off foundation all over my face. thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim,

      Yes, it is a shame it doesn't work well on mascara. Maybe they will change the formula so that it does one day. Thanks for your comments!

      Delete