Pages

Friday 7 November 2014

What I got at the November 2014 Sephora VIB Rouge Sale - Haul


This year I got a little bit carried away at the 20% off Sephora VIB Rouge sale. However, I think I got some really good deals and of course some great stuff. I got a good mix of replenishment items, new stuff I wanted to try, a couple of luxury items and a couple of Christmas gifts. I won't be showing the Christmas gifts in this haul as they are a secret for friends. I will say though that the gifts I bought have been shown on this blog before so its nothing you haven't seen from me.

This haul was accomplished over two shopping trips which was not the intention. One to the Toronto Eaton Centre and the other to my local neighbourhood Sephora. I tried to make purchases online...yeah...as many of you know that was impossible. I tried for over 24 hours straight (minus sleep and work time) and nothing doing. International orders have been blocked since just about the start of the sale. I slowly watched almost all of my items "disappear" over that 24 hour window as they became out of stock when by I guess my American friends scooped them up. It was a sad day indeed. First World problems, I know. There is a whole write up on Sephora's Facebook page as to what happened and what the current status is if you are interested.

So what did I get??? Lots of goodies of course as you can see. On my first trip to the Toronto Eaton Centre (rushed on lunch break) on Wednesday I bought 4 things. I like to plot my makeup shopping and I just felt too rushed to get too serious on a 45 minute lunch break. I decided I would plot at home and do online shopping. Since that wasn't to be, I made a second trip to my local Sephora tonight. Anyway, on Wednesday I bought two of my regular purchases - the Origins Plantscription Anti-Aging Power System (I ain't getting any younger) and my beloved Origins Eye Doctor which I have missed terribly these last few months. If it's not broken, don't fix it!

I also got two, what I call, luxury items. These are two items that I have wanted for ages, but didn't feel like spending the money at full price. The 20% off VIB event is perfect for picking up such products. The two I speak of are the Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Mascara and the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette. Needless to say reviews on both of these will be done in the near future. I am super excited about these two buys.

On to tonight's debauchery. I went to my local Sephora store tonight thinking that I was just going to get the leftovers and everything would be sold out. Much to my shock, they had almost everything I wanted! Their Bobbi Brown display was ransacked though. Okay, where to start? I got a tote bag and a Shashi bead bracelet for free. The tote is ok (plastic) and the bracelet is nothing I would personally wear. Free is free though. I also got a couple of samples of something called Nude Progenius Treatment Oil for the face.

I am almost out of one of my Estee Lauder foundations so I decided with 20% off now would be a good time to try one of the foundations I have been wanting to try. It was a toss up between the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full Coverage Foundation and the Dior Star foundation. I decided to buy the Tarte one. Did I make the right decision you think?

I picked up the L'Occitane en Provence Shea Travel Treats in an ornament type package. You get a foot cream and a hand cream in this set. Both are really good for travel and that is what I bought them for. A functional item right? A justifiable purchase? Ahem.

Then came the Fresh Sugar Berry Lip Treatment. I have heard good things about this particular colour and the colour is right up my alley. I love practically all of the Fresh lip products, I just hate the price. Hence, why I grabbed it now and got the 20% off. It just made me feel a little bit better.

OMG I can't believe I got the Too Faced Melted Kisses Lipstick Set. I want to rip this open right now but I need to finish this blog post. These were sold out online very quickly. I found this one on a shelf in the wrong place and it was the last one left in the store. Maybe the last one left in the world. These are not full size but to get four different colours for a few bucks more than the cost of one full sized - giddy up!

Looks like I got the Formula X nail colour or polish in X Rouge.Very cool, and it was free. Speaking of nail polish, I also got a mini Formula X nail color in A+ with 100 of my rewards points. This is a very nice colour.

I got the Bite Lip Pencil Set in Best Bite Remix. I love everything Bite puts out so of course I had to get this cute Christmas set. You couldn't go wrong with the price for what you get.

Okay, another "luxury item". I finally bought the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal. I think it is so pricey normally in Canadian dollars, so the sale was enough for me to take the plunge. Very excited about this one too.

Three products left! I already bought a big holiday palette a few week ago and that review is coming soon. The only other palette I was coveting was the BareMinerals the Magic Act. I love herringbone, I love bareMinerals ready eyeshadows and ready blushes. This was a no brainer. The reviews are good too. I have a review and some suggestions on holiday palettes and buys coming this week by the way.

I am running out of a lot of hair products at the moment and some of my near empties are discontinued. I will need something soon so I decided to try the Alterna Bamboo Smooth Anti-Breakage Thermal Protectant Spray. So we will see how I like that.

Last, but certainly not least, one more luxury item. I got the Dior Contour Lipliner Pencil in 169 Grege. It was the last one in the store! I wanted the eyeshadow palette by the same name, but my local Sephora doesn't carry it.

So that's it! That was a lot!!! I am tired just thinking about it. I think I am cut off from Sephora for a while, or until my next shopping trip to the States. With Christmas coming, I might need to hop over the border soon.

Big palette review coming either tomorrow or Sunday! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment