Pages

Monday 22 September 2014

Urban Decay PULP FICTION Palette - Review and Swatches



When I first saw this palette I likely thought the same thing that many people did, "Wow, what a boring palette." I didn't give it another look and didn't even bother to swatch it in the store until I noticed that some bloggers were raving about the palette. I went back to Sephora and swatched it. Quite impressive, it was.

I am likely dating myself, but I remember when Pulp Fiction came out. It was a huge movie at the time and I wanted to get this palette for nostalgia sake (as it is the 20th anniversary of the movie release) before I saw what eyeshadows were in it. When I saw the colours originally, I lost interest. So anyway, I swatched it and bought it after reading all of these fantastic reviews. I do not regret my purchase. I love this palette. It was $41 Canadian and $34 U.S. Well worth every penny.

 
I took this straight from Sephora's website:
 
This set contains:
- 5 x 0.06 oz eye shadows in Righteous (light cream matte), Tyranny (warm brown matte), Vengeance (deep taupe-brown, matte-satin), Furious (white satin), Anger (black satin)


All 5 eyeshadows are super blendable and creamy. My only complaint is that Tyranny and Vengeance are a bit crumbly but I can live with that. The pigmentation is fantastic and the colours compliment each other so well. My favourite colour is Vengeance. Furious doesn't look overly "black" more like a grey black in the packaging but it is seriously potent and long lasting. The palette comes with a dual-ended brush which I likely won't use, but hey it's free so it's all good.


Although I think I will only be creating a couple of looks from this palette, the looks are classic and you can't go wrong. This would be a good palette for travel. This palette is simple, yet gorgeous and  very high quality. Excellent work Urban Decay!

Here are the swatches:

 
 
I do fear that this palette will disappear sooner or later so if you are interested, I would run and get one asap.
 
Packaging: 10/10  (nice, big mirror and good for travel) 
Pigmentation: 9/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 8.5/10
Colour Stays True: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 8.5/10
Ingredients: 8/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? YES
Overall Rating:  9.5/10
 
 
**Update 09/29/2014: Urban Decay has this palette on their website on sale for $16 U.S.!!! Grab it while you can!!!**


No comments:

Post a Comment