Pages

Monday 29 September 2014

Peter Thomas Roth CC Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Complexion Corrector - First Impressions


I have found myself with a couple of samples of this product lately. I tried it for kicks a week ago and then again yesterday. I don't feel that I can give a full review because, obviously, I have only tried it twice. I have to say right off of the bat that this product gives the best coverage of any CC cream that I have tried. The coverage is excellent!

I have used the colour Light/Medium as that is the colour of the samples that I have. This shade is too dark for me and it is quite orange which was a bit scary. I would definitely try the Light if I was to buy some. I find this product is very comfortable to wear. Your skin feels nice and light. I will note that when I touched my face while wearing this, my face felt tacky, even after having the product on for several hours. I think a lot of people would not like that at all.  

This is a very expensive product. One tube is $55 Canadian or $48 U.S. for 1.7 oz. At this price point, I would have to question whether I really wanted this product. However, before I put my foot in my mouth, my foundation is only 1 oz. and costs me $44 dollars...I just think for a CC Cream, this is a tad pricey. What do you think?

I have seen some reviews that say some people get a bad reaction to this product if they wear it day in, day out, for weeks. I will bear that in mind as a cautionary tale. It did nothing bad to my skin after I wore this on the two occasions but I certainly can't comment on long term use. My skin felt good when I wore it and my skin felt happy. That's more than I say for a lot of products!

All of this being said, if the shade Light worked for me and wasn't too orange, I would consider buying this. I won't be rushing out to get it, but I would consider it.


Bits and Bites
  • I have 3 big palette reviews coming soon - one this week for sure!
  • It's looking like I will have a ton of empties for September and likely October...

No comments:

Post a Comment