Pages

Saturday 6 September 2014

Just a little haul...MAC, Clinique, Smashbox, Michael Kors, Coach, Esteee Lauder....


I got my hands on one the "golden tickets" as I like to call it - a ticket to the Estee Lauder/MAC sale. So I went this morning to it and made out like a bandit. For some of you that don't know, Estee Lauder, who owns MAC, Smashbox, Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Origins etc. has a warehouse type of no frills sale a few times a year and the prices are deeply discounted. They don't carry even 20 percent of their regular makeup lines but they do carry enough items of interest and there are always lots of limited edition items and old holiday sets on the cheap. Good stuff. The was my second time and I hope it won't be my last. Getting a ticket is always tricky though and you have to know people.

I dare not add up what all of this would have cost if I had paid full price. There are only three things that I get up early in the morning for in life:

1. money (i.e., work)
2. vacation/travel
3. makeup sales

Hence, today I was at up at the crack of dawn to secure my goodies. The place was a mad house and the line up was mammoth. I might give one or two items that I got away as gifts. In retrospect, I should have bought more as Christmas is coming... Let's get to it.

MAC
Dark Angel Nail Lacquer (free gift)
Pinch O' Peach Sheertone Blush
Soft and Gentle Mineralize Skinfinish
Romantique Eye Shadow (never heard of it but for $4 what the hell)
Light Plus Mineralize Skinfinish Natural ($15 hello!)
Boldly Bare Lip Pencil
Coffee Eye Pencil

Michael Kors
Glam Lip and Nail Duo in Envy and Icon

Clinique
Makeup Brush Cleanser (best makeup cleaner ever...)

Smashbox
Auto Expose Photo Op Eye Shadow Trio
Studio Pop Eye Palette
Smokebox II Photo Op Eye Shadow Palette

Coach
Coach Poppy and Coach Poppy Flower Perfume Pencil

Estee Lauder
Pisces Compact Lucidity Translucent Pressed Powder in 06 Transparent

I had the Smashbox Wondervision palette in my hand for an hour and I put it back as I couldn't remember if the reviews on it were any good. Now I totally regret not getting it. The reviews online seem promising and it was some serious value for your money. As a limited edition palette, I am not likely to see it again. Sigh...

There was also a MAC lip set there that would have been nice as another gift and I left that too. I was trying to show restraint. Silly me.

What am I most excited about is the Smashbox Studio Pop Eye Palette. It looks really good!

Have any of you been to an Estee Lauder/MAC sale?

No comments:

Post a Comment