Pages

Sunday 21 September 2014

Estee Lauder Take it Away Makeup Remover - Review


I've been a bit under the weather the last few days so I apologize for slacking off from my blogging. I will have an eyeshadow palette review up tomorrow and there are others coming soon.

This makeup remover by Estee Lauder says that it is for All Skin Types and that it is a Gentle Eye and Lip LongWear Makeup Remover. I agree that it is very gentle and non-irritating. My skin is super sensitive since that Ole Henriksen debacle I had a couple of weeks ago and this product doesn't bother my skin in the least. The bottle is 3.4 oz. or 100ml. I think that is kind of small, especially if you are someone who wears eye makeup daily, so this bottle isn't going to last you very long. I believe this bottle is $20 U.S., and in Canada I think it may be around $27-$32 Canadian. I don't remember the exact amount that I paid, but I remember thinking that it was pricey for what you get.

This is one of those dual-phase formulas that you need to shake up before use. It has that oil and water type of thing going on. I am not a big fan of dual-phase formulas in general, but in this case, I have to say that it is effective. I do find it a tad greasy though which is one of my main complaints about this type of formulation. Does this product work? Yes, and it works well. It removes all of my makeup with minimal effort. I do feel like I really need to wet up my cotton pad with the product though. If you use too little on the cotton pad you are basically going to get the feeling of rubbing a stiff piece of dry cotton across your eyelid which is never nice. In other words, you need to use quite a bit of product in order to get a sufficient amount onto your cotton pad. Sometimes, I feel like one use is costing me a lot of money if I start to dissect the cost of the bottle versus the number of uses that I get out of it.

I would go as far as to say that this is one of the best makeup removers on the market. I don't find any trace amounts of leftover mascara on my face, on my pillow or a small black mark under my eye in the shower after I use this. That can happen with some removers that look like they have removed all of your makeup when they really haven't! I have no such issue with this product. It also has hardly any smell so I don't think anyone would find this offensive.

Packaging: 8/10
Texture: 9/10 (a tad greasy)  
Price: 4/10
Ingredients: 8/10
Smell: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10 
Value for Money: 6/10 (you get so little for so much $$$ but it does work well)
Travel Worthy: 4/10 (not unless you packed some in a separate leak proof container) 
Moisturizing: 8/10
Comfortable/Softening: 9/10
Would I buy this again? Maybe, but I object to the price and the quantity you get 
Overall Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment