Pages

Wednesday 3 September 2014

August 2014 Empties!


I started to sweat around mid August as I had very little in my empties bin. Luckily, I was able to get a few items added so thank goodness I at least have 6 items to show you! So without further ado, here they are:

1. St. Ives Naturally Soothing Body Lotion in Oatmeal & Shea Butter - Didn't love this one. There are better scents and types of St. Ives body lotion that are better than this one is. I confess I don't like the smell of this one either - it smells too fake for my taste. Yes, it was moisturizing and nourishing, but I wasn't overly impressed. Will not repurchase.

2. Schwarzkopf got2b Guardian Angel - I have had this bottle for maybe 3 or 4 years? Can you believe it? I have used other heat protectors though in that time. I think it works and it is reasonably priced drug store stock. It basically wets up your hair and protects it. The problem? That's all it does. I wouldn't mind if it had some smoothing, anti-frizz or styling properties. I think Bumble and Bumble has something like that now that I simply must try and some other product lines do too. That's what I want. So no, this will not be a repurchase for me, but if you have simple needs, this might be a good product to try. Full review is on my blog.

3. Origins Zero Oil Pore Purifying Toner - Old faithful. One of my holy grails. Have gone through countless bottles. Will definitely repurchase. Full review is on my blog.

4. Clarins Everlasting Foundation SPF15 in 109 Wheat - I dug this out of my stash because I have been rocking quite the tan this summer. More so than usual. This colour was always a tad too dark for me. I used to mix it with Clarins 107 (forget the colour name) during the summer months. My regular Estee Lauder foundation was looking a tad too light on me this summer so I finished this bottle off. This is one of my preferred foundations. The look you get is quite natural and I would say it is medium coverage. It feels quite lightweight on the skin too and it has some decent staying powder. I do prefer my Estee Lauder foundation just a touch more. I think that the Clarins foundation is a solid product though and I would repurchase.

5. L'Occitane en Provence Dry Skin Foot Cream - As you can see, I used every last drop. This is an essential product for me during the summer months and year around to be honest. I have used up a few of these and I have already repurchased. It absorbs fast and is effective. I think it is one of, if not the best, foot products on the market.

6. Burt's Bees Rejuvenating Lip Balm with Acai Berry - I used this over the last year. I do prefer the Pomegranate Oil scent/flavour or whatever but this was still a solid product.

So there you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment