Pages

Thursday 19 June 2014

Stila Convertible Color Dual Lip and Cheek Cream in Peony - Review and Swatches



I have to say right off of the bat that I am not a big fan of cream blushes. There are a number of reasons for this. One, if you don't have the right tool or know what you are doing, it looks like a hot mess. Second, I have a bad habit of touching my face throughout the day and I don't want cream blush coming off of my face and onto my hands etc. Third, powder blush is easier work with. Finally, I think powder blush looks better in general. These are just some of my thoughts on the subject. You might have a completely different take on cream blush.




The colour I have is Peony. I have a small version of it. I got mine free with rewards points or something from Sephora awhile ago. Mine is 0.07 oz. or 2.2g. A full, regular size is 0.15 oz. and costs $25 U.S. or $33 Canadian. This product doubles as a lip product and cheek colour. It is non-greasy and very comfortable to wear. I forget I have it on, same as I do with powder blush. Although I have a small, travel size compact, I think this size will last me for quite some time.




As you can see, the colour looks deeper closer up. Peony is one of more neutral of the 7 colours that I believe Stila carries in this line. It's very beige with some pink in it. On my cheeks it looks quite rosey pink. I am not sure I would want to go more bold than this for a cream blush. Maybe I would. Tough to say. As mentioned, I don't love cream blushes but Stila has a great formula here. I don't find that the colour transfers and it looks fairly natural. It's very easy to blend and doesn't mess up the rest of your makeup as long as you use your fingers properly or the right type of brush. It is not sticky. I hate sticky cream blushes!

It looks attractive on. It's also more youthful looking than powder blush I suppose. The colour last all day long 15+ hours.




Here is a swatch or two of the product swiped on my arm and also stippled on like you would wear it on your cheeks under different lights.





As a lip product, it is very creamy and moisturizing. Peony is very nude looking on my lips so I can't say that I would rush to reach for this as a lip product, but it would do in a pinch or would be a good choice while travelling. A lot of the other Stila Convertible Colors look like they would be nicer lip colours than Peony. But hey, if you like nude lip colours, you might very well like Peony a whole lot. If I had to buy a cream blush, I would pick one of these Stila Covertible Colors. These are neat little jems. This would likely be a great product to use in the winter.

A final note, if you are going to use a makeup brush to apply this to your cheeks, I highly recommend a flat stiff stippling brush. Elf makes one that costs a couple of bucks and you can get one at Target. Dirt cheap. I have a Real Techniques Stippling Brush which is very similar and is perfect for cream blush. Ulta sells these for about $10 U.S. and I think Wal-Mart etc. may too. Sometimes Marshall's or Winners has them. Here is a couple of pics of the brush.


 
 
Packaging: 8/10
Pigmentation: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 8/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? Yes
Overall Rating: 9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment