Pages

Thursday 8 May 2014

Clinique Moisture Surge Intense - Review


I have a travel sized version of this product that I have just about finished so I thought it would be a good time to do a quick review. I have had a few of these jars over the years usually as a gift with purchase item from Clinique. I always thought the product was "ok" and never really gave it much thought. Lately, I have been picking this up and using it just to finish it. I have so much stuff piling up in my bedroom, I have to get rid of some of my beauty products!

This is a gel moisturizer by the way. Some people like gel, some don't. I don't mind it so long as I am in the mood. I personally prefer gel moisturizers in the summer and not so much in the winter months. When you apply this product to your face it fells "tacky" and continues to feel that way for a good amount of time. Recently, I have been using this under a powder foundation and the two seem to be working well together. I haven't been using primer but the powder foundation really stays on with this moisturizer. My face does continue to feel "tacky" though throughout the day when I wear this but my skin looks good.

If I use this product at night by itself or with a serum underneath it, my skin is so smooth in the morning. It's quite something. My skin isn't tacky anymore either in the morning. Maybe the pillow absorbs some of it...anyway, if you happen to have some of this, try it at night.

This moisturizer is not in my Top 5 Moisturizers by any means, but it's not bad. My skin seems hydrated with it and no flaky patches are in sight. I would definitely reach for this in a pinch.

A 1.7 oz. jar is $37 U.S. or $44 Canadian. The little jar I currently have is 0.5 oz. and I got a number of uses out of mine.

Packaging: 6/10 (glass would have been nice) 
Texture: 7/10  Daytime   8.5/10 Nighttime  
Price: 8/10
Ingredients: 7/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Moisturizing: 7.5/10 (works better during the night than day for me)
Look of Skin: 9/10 (daytime) 
Softens: 9/10 (nighttime)  7.5/10 (daytime but feels tacky)
Would I buy this again? Possibly
Overall Rating: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment