Pages

Sunday 11 May 2014

Clinique Cheek Pop/Blush Pop in 01 Ginger Pop and 04 Plum Pop - Review and Swatches


I recently bought two Clinique Cheek Pops or Blush Pops if you prefer. I wanted Peach Pop, but alas Sears was sold out and damn it I wanted the free gift with purchase. I did want the Plum Pop and I managed to snag it. I ended up getting the Ginger Pop for kicks.

I have a love/hate relationship with Clinique. It was the first non-drug store makeup that I was exposed to. That's what my Mom bought in the 70's, 80's, 90's and to some extent she still buys today. She doesn't wear much makeup (zero eye makeup!) basically just powder, blush and lipstick so I was always tickled pink as a teenager when she tossed me an unwanted mascara, lipstick or eye shadow that came in one of her gift with purchase bags. Over the years I have used a lot of Clinique makeup - the good, the bad and the ugly. They do some products really well and others not so much.


Enter these greatly hyped Cheek Pops. I want to start off by saying that Clinique is in the stone age normally when it comes to packaging. They have almost zero imagination. Imagine my shock when I first saw these blush puppies online! Some imagination???!!!! My goodness. I was further shocked when I bought these. The packaging on these is really nice....much nicer than I anticipated. The clear plastic compact is really solid, not cheap looking at all and very attractive. Each blush is 3.5g or 0.12 oz. Not a huge amount of blush, but a reasonable amount. These are ridiculously cute.


Ginger Pop is on the left and Plum Pop is on the right as you can see. The quality of these is phenomenal. I was blown away. They swatch like a dream. They are matte yet kind of sheer and glowy. There is the tiniest hint of shimmer in Ginger Pop but it's nearly undetectable. The pigmentation is exceptional. You need very little on your brush, but if you want bolder colour, the colour is very buildable. You can wear these sheer too if you prefer but use the tiniest bit. I seriously need to pick up the other two colours - Berry Pop and Peach Pop.

I wasn't expecting to love Ginger Pop but I really like it. It's quite nice. Plum Pop is also gorgeous. Okay, staying power. Fantastic! I have worn these 16+ hours and they look as fresh as when I applied them. These are $24 Canadian or $21 U.S. These are excellent value considering I paid $41 Canadian for my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushes. If you are even thinking about picking one of these up - you should!


Here are the swatches. Plum Pop is on top and Ginger Pop is on the bottom. Love these...

Packaging: 10/10
Pigmentation: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Texture: 8.5/10
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 8/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? Hell Yes
Overall Rating: 9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment