Pages

Saturday 8 March 2014

Josie Maran Argan Lip Treatment - Review


This is the cutest lip chap/balm/treatment jar ever.......I really wanted to love this and was hoping that it would be my holy grail of lip balms. It wasn't. I am sorry but it's awful. I expected much better than this from a Josie Maran product. A youtube guru that I follow said this stuff was the bomb and that she loved it. Since I have been having on and off lip issues for a while, I thought "what the heck, maybe I will love this". I didn't read the Sephora reviews before I bought it and I now kicking myself.

It appears that you either love this lip treatment or you hate it. I am in the latter category. It just doesn't appear to work for some people like me. As soon as I put it on, I feel it sliding off of my lips and going south to my chin. It will not stay on my lips no matter what. If I put it on and lay down it slides up, sideways, you name it. I have used a little at a time and I have used a lot at a time and it doesn't matter either way.

 
 
I like the smell though. Some people think it smells like melon, but it smells a bit like strawberries to me. I also find that sometimes my lips are in worse shape after I use it (within 20 minutes) than they were before I applied it. This product actually chaps my lips. I feel the skin hardening. I am really hoping that I will have a better experience with this once the summer comes. Maybe this doesn't work for me because I am in a cold climate???? But if it slides off, I can't imagine it would work better in a warm climate???? Sigh. Maybe it doesn't work for oily skin types? I don't know. If anyone has any insight into this product and the type of people it works for, please let me know. I am mystified.
 
This is $23 Canadian. Not cheap. It's $18 U.S. I should return it to Sephora, but I have really dug into it as I used it a lot in the hopes that I was losing my mind and it really worked. No cigar I am afraid my friends. It feels good as you are applying it but then the feeling is gone as soon as you remove your finger from your lips.
 
Packaging: 10/10 
Pigmentation: N/A 
How Does it Feel On: 1/10
Longevity: 0/10
Texture: 0/10 (It's like water when it's on, just slides off)
Price: 4/10
Ingredients: 10/10 
Travel Worthy: 4/10 (I just don't like to take things in my purse that I have to stick my finger in to apply)
Attractiveness of Product: 0/10 (disappears upon application) 
Smell and Taste: 8/10
Would I buy this again? NOT IF YOU PAID ME
Overall Rating: 2/10
 
**Product Update 10/23/2014 - this product ended up redeeming itself a little please see my updated blog post http://mymakeupissues.blogspot.ca/2014/10/two-products-that-i-have-changed-my.html 


No comments:

Post a Comment