Pages

Wednesday 19 March 2014

Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in 84 Epatant - Review and Swatch


Sorry I have been missing in action for a few days. I got a new camera and I am still getting the hang of it. I went to take some pictures yesterday, only to realize the camera needed a few hours of charging first. Bummer. Anyway, I am back in action. Please forgive my pictures as I am still playing with the settings. They look a tad yellow hued.

I was on a waiting list at the Chanel counter in The Bay in Toronto for a year and a half for this product. Technically, I am still on the list. Totally ridiculous. I told the salesperson at the counter that they shouldn't have a tester jar out for a product that they haven't stocked in months to over a year...Anyway, I went online one day a couple of months ago to The Bay's website and ordered this just like that! For some reason I didn't think they had Chanel products on their website. So I can get it on their website with the click of a mouse, shipped to me in 48 hours, but their flagship store doesn't have any, zippo for over a year. Crazy...cuckoo.....


Back to the product at hand. Epatant is a silver cream shadow with a green undertone. Very unique and very hot! I saw this ages ago on Nic from Pixiwoo and I had to have this! The cream shadow comes with a brush that I thought would be useless, but actually is really good. I would totally use this brush with other cream shadows and then I wouldn't have to get my fingers in there. The texture is weird. Reminds me of those damn Maybelline bouncy blushes. Soft and bouncy. Creepy. The product is very soft to the touch and blends super easily. It looks fantastic on with some black gel or liquid liner winged out. Love it!



I don't own anything else like it. I had to have this colour and nothing else would do! I wear a primer underneath it of course when I wear it. My only complaint is that the product fades and creases after a while. I would say the fading starts at the 6 hour mark. Creasing by about the 7th or 8th hour. Now I have oily lids, so if you have drier lids you might be fine. By the 13th hour the product has significantly faded (but it's still there) and creasing in now in full effect.


My recommendation: only wear this if you are going out for the evening or clubbing for a short period of time. If you are going to be out wearing this for 6+ hours you will see some meltdown. It looks fantastic for the first few hours though! Out of this world good!


Okay, here are the swatches. Sorry again for the yellow background! Ahhh! I will fix this. That wall is actually a grey purple! The swatch colour looks accurate though.


I can't say that I would run out and buy another of these Chanel cream shadows simply because they are not long lasting. However, this colour is the bomb. The product is $38 Canadian. The ingredients in this are a lot better than most other Chanel products.

Packaging: 10/10  
Pigmentation: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 4/10
Colour Stays True: 7/10 (it fades though)
Texture: 10/10
Price: 6/10
Ingredients: 7.5/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10 (for the first 6 hours and 6.5/10 from then on)
Would I buy this again? Yes (just this colour)
Overall Rating: 8/10 (the gorgeous colour brings the score up despite everything)

No comments:

Post a Comment