Pages

Thursday 20 February 2014

Marc Jacobs Style Eye-Con No. 7 Plush Shadow in 206 The Lolita - Review and Swatches


My husband bought me this palette for Christmas. Isn't he a nice husband? I did put it on a list for him (just to give him some suggestions) and he had a little sticker shock when the salesperson rang it in for him at Sephora. This palette is $71 Canadian or $59 U.S. Ouch. The packaging is nice and sleek and compact. A fashionable cloth cover with a snap for this case came with it. I guess the idea is so that it doesn't get scratched.


There are 7 eye shadows in this palette. They don't have individual names. The total palette is 7g or 0.24 oz. or 1g per eye shadow if you prefer. There are 3 matte colours, one glitter and 3 shimmers. I really like them all with one exception. Since they don't have names, this will be a bit tricky, but it's the 2nd colour from the right that I dislike. It doesn't transfer well onto the eye and it fades like crazy. The pigmentation and staying power is nonexistent. Don't even attempt to wear this colour without both a primer and an eye shadow base. I plan on only using it as a brow or inner corner highlight at most. All of the other 6 have phenomenal pigmentation, the colours stay true, they are very long lasting and blend easily. They are all flattering and I suspect would be on most people as this is a very neutral palette.


The first colour on the left is a matte white which has a distinctive yellow colour to it when swatched. It doesn't look that yellow on my skin. It is a very good brow highlight. The second colour from the left is a pinkish brown which is so smooth and blends like a dream in the crease. I think it may be my favourite in the whole palette. The third from the left is a dark grey brown. It too is smooth and blends very easily. Very nice colour. It is cool toned. The middle colour is a glittery pinkish brown champagne colour. Looks great on the lid. The fifth colour from the left is an opal pink. It is a subtle opal and it looks great on the lid too. The sixth colour is the one I dislike. It's a shimmery champagne which swatches well and that is where it ends. Finally, the last colour is caramel bronze shimmer. Very flattering colour and extremely long lasting.


Here are the swatches! Overall, I am very impressed with the quality of this palette. The colours go very well together. I am enjoying wearing these colours very much. They are so easy to apply without any fuss, with the one exception.....This would be a good palette to travel with if you are looking to do a number of basic, classic looks. My only real objection is the price.

Packaging: 10/10 (sleek and compact)
Pigmentation: 9/10 (with one exception)
Easy to Work With: 10/10 
Longevity: 9/10 (with one exception)
Texture: 10/10
Price: 6/10
Ingredients: 7/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? Yes I think so
Overall Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment