Pages

Sunday 22 December 2013

Philosophy Peppermint Stick - Review


This was the first Philosophy Shampoo, Shower Gel and Bubble Bath that I have ever purchased. I got a small free one ages ago in another scent and I can't find it. I think it's packed away somewhere...

I really love the smell of this stuff. It smells like peppermint of course, but the smell is not overly synthetic or fake. It smells fresh if that makes sense. It does not smell "old lady". The smell is really nice to help you wake up in the morning in the winter months. You need very little on your bath sponge to get crazy amounts of lather. The packaging is cute too. I have only used this as a body wash so far. I highly doubt I would use it as shampoo, but maybe as bubble bath.

This product costs $21 Canadian and I think about $19 U.S. My only complaint about it is that it is not overly moisturizing. You still need to slather yourself in body lotion afterwards if you live in a cold climate like I do in the winter months. I do find this product refreshing though. I think I will go and use some as soon as I finish this post!

I don't find that the smell says on my skin. For some people that may be a good or bad thing. Please take this with a grain of salt though. My skin can be weird and most soap scents do not stick to my skin after use. I have had this issue since I was a child and my mother noticed it. The same is true for my Dad, so I guess it is hereditary. Peppermint Stick is still great in my book scent wise. It is very inoffensive.

I will likely be posting daily this week, so stay tuned! I have a Bobbi Brown Holiday palette review for  you guys and I should have it posted by tomorrow morning.

Scent: 9/10
Moisturizing: 4/10
Refreshing: 10/10
Lather: 10/10
Price: 7.5/10
Ingredients: 6/10
Overall Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment