Pages

Saturday 16 November 2013

YSL Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils Babydoll - Review



I got this sample with some of my Sephora rewards points. One of the best samples I have ever gotten from Sephora too, I might add! I will cut to the chase. I love this mascara. It may be my new favourite. I think it just edged out my Benefit They're Real! mascara and that is saying something. This mascara lengthens and volumizes. It gives me the longest, most bold lashes that I have ever had and I don't have much lashes to work with! The formula is not irritating. I love the brush and it is pictured near the bottom  of this post. Sometimes I find that the Benefit They're Real! mascara can make your lashes look a bit spikey. This YSL mascara does not.



I fell like waxing poetic about this mascara, but then I would be getting carried away. The ingredients are pretty decent too and  I was shocked by that. This is a definite repurchase! My only complaint? The price. It is $36 Canadian or $30 U.S. Wow! I hate to say it, but it may be worth every penny. I wore this with glasses one day and there was hardly any transfer or smudging which is very impressive since I have never seen that before other than with my Estee Lauder Zero-Smudge mascara. You have to try this stuff!

I would like to mention though that you need to apply a few coats of this mascara for best results. If you are impatient or strapped for time, this may not be a good option. I don't find that it gets clumpy and it is very easy to add coat after coat. I will try to add a before and after post with pictures of my lashes with this on soon as I keep forgetting and am always in a rush lately!


 
Packaging: 10/10
Pigmentation: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 9.5/10
Longevity: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 6/10
Ingredients: 9/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Smudge Proof: 9/10
Flake and Clump Proof: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? A THOUSAND TIMES YES!!!!!!
Overall Rating: 9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment