Pages

Sunday 24 November 2013

Essence Colour & Go Nail Polish 109 Off to Miami! - Review and Swatch


You guys must have thought I was dead! I do apologize for being an absentee blogger this past week but I was away on vacation for the past week and a half. I was on the Gulf Coast in Florida for a week and then spent a couple of days in good old Buffalo, N.Y. for some shopping. I was only able to get to posting one prescheduled blog before I left. I am sorry everyone, I was so busy before I left!

Speaking of Florida, I decided to wear this nail polish on my toes while I was there. It is called Off to Miami! How appropriate and I didn't even know what the name was until I looked at the bottle just now. Scary. I bought this nail polish back in the summer. I think I paid maybe $3 Canadian for it. It was dirt cheap. I got it at Shoppers Drug Mart. This is my first Essence beauty purchase. I think they are a European company, but please someone correct me if I am wrong. This nail polish looked way more pink orange when I bought it. I think it has lost a lot of the pinkness since I got it. Under different lights, it looks well...different.



The brush is huge! I am not sure if you can tell this from the photo. As soon as I saw it, I thought this was going to be a big problem. Funny thing was, it wasn't. I was able to do some toes with a swipe and a half or two. Super easy to use. It was the fastest I have ever been able to do my toes. I have had the colour on for a week and a half now and it is just starting to chip as all polishes do on me....I apologize for the following "swatch" photo as this is not a fresh pedi and I have some weird tan lines on my feet but I wanted you to see the colour. It's not my favourite colour ever, but it was different. It dried fast.



Packaging: 10/10
Pigmentation: 7/10 (looks orange in some lights, red in others and pink sometimes)  
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 7.5/10
Texture: 8/10
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 7/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 6.5/10
Would I buy this again? The brand yes, this colour not sure
Overall Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment