Pages

Thursday 22 August 2013

Avon Supershock Cream (Gel?) Eye Liner in Velvet Plum - Review and Swatch


I'll be honest with you guys, I am not the biggest fan of Avon makeup. I have bought a few things here and there over the years and for me, most products are a bust. Some do work well though, but those are rare gems. I also don't like the ingredients that Avon uses in a lot of their products in general. Sometimes, you get what you pay for, literally.

I hadn't bought anything from Avon for a couple of years and then the other day Emily from Beauty Broadcast was raving over this limited edition cream (or is it a gel?) eye liner that Avon had out. A girl at my office sells Avon so I thought what the hell and ordered it. It only cost me $4.99. The liner is in a glass jar so kudos to you Avon for doing that! Where appropriate, I like my makeup in glass, not plastic, thank you.....




So here is the colour in Velvet Plum. Very nice colour if I do say so myself. I am still steamed that I never secured Clinique's limited edition Violet Luxe Brush-On Cream Liner. That stuff was no doubt the bomb! I was hoping that this colour would be a close match, but we will never know.  The formula of this Avon eye liner is kind of dry. That was the first thing I noticed. It is also not overly pigmented and is a bit thin for my taste. Since I am used to working with MAC or Clinique cream or gel liners, this stuff really pales in comparison. Even my Physician's Formula cream liners are far superior to this Avon one.

Once you do get a decent amount on your eye (you'll need some patience) the colour looks good (a bit dry though) and it is fairly long lasting. It lasted throughout my entire day. Let's it face, $4.99 is a bargain and if you need this colour you can't really go too wrong. My only words of caution are not to expect this to be high end quality cream liner. Since this is not a colour that I would wear everyday, I am not too fussed about the quality. There are parabens in here too so just an FYI. I believe this cream/gel liner also comes in black and maybe one other colour. Maybe the black is better, but I don't know my friends!

 
 
 
Packaging: 10/10
Pigmentation: 5/10
Easy to Work With: 5/10
Longevity: 7.5/10
Colour Stays True: 8/10
Texture: 3/10
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 5/10 (there are parabens in it which I am not happy about) 
Travel Worthy: 8/10 (you have to also cart a brush with you)
Attractiveness of Product: 7/10
Would I buy this again? Nah
Overall Rating: 6.5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment