Pages

Sunday 7 July 2013

Korres Volcanic Minerals Volumizing Mascara - Review


Hello! Today I am going to review the new Korres Volcanic Minerals Volumizing Mascara in the colour Obsidian Black. I think this mascara only comes in one colour anyway. I got this free with some of my rewards points from Sephora. I wasn't going to get it, but one of the sales people from Sephora talked me into it. Since Korres keeps a lot of nasty chemicals out of their products and because the sales person told me it was going to increase my lash volume by 600%, I thought what the hell?! Worse case scenario, I could do a review on this for all of you and tell you if it sucked. 

The good news is that it doesn't suck. Not at all. I was surprised. Honestly, since I hate most mascaras on the market, I thought I would hate this, but I don't. I kind of love it. Rather than tell you what this mascara is supposed to do for you, I will simply copy the description from Sephora's website. So here it is. 

What it is: The blackest, black mascara derived from volcanic soil that increases lash volume by 600 percent.

What it does:
This Obsidian black is formulated with volcanic minerals for the deepest, darkest color and an explosive increase in lash volume. These rich pigments blend with natural film formers to create a flexible yet strong coating that covers every lash. Volcanic Minerals Volumizing Mascara provides a glossy, luminous finish with a flexible conditioned feel, without any smudging or flakes for optimal, long-wearing benefits. The tapered brush head with unique cross-hatch bristles ensures smooth, clump-free application that grabs even the tiniest microlashes.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan  


Although the claim that this mascara increases lash volume by 600 percent may be a bit of a stretch (no pun intended) it does increase my lash volume and length very noticeably and significantly. I was impressed. This product is unlike any other mascara I have ever tried. It gives you big, fluffy, whispy lashes. It's a soft look but with some serious drama. This stuff is perfect for daytime wear. Whatever is in this mascara (volcanic minerals I guess!) really adheres to your lashes and poofs them up. This mascara for me is both volumizing and lengthening. It leaves your lashes feeling super soft and fluffy. Now when last did your mascara do that???

When I use this, my lashes are super lightweight and fluffy. Touchable. If you hate the heavy feeling of mascara, you will love this product. I feel I look very doll eyed wearing this. You could wear this out clubbing I suppose, but this is not jet black enough and dramatic enough for me if I were to say go clubbing. If you have a little patience, you can really build this mascara up to some serious volume and length with a few coats. It's $26 Canadian and $20 U.S. This will be a repurchase for me. Since I am going to the States again soon, I might just pick some up at the lower price. It isn't supposed to smudge, but I find it does a little bit on me. Just warning you, but nothing major. No flakes though.

The brush is not what I typically go for as it is a traditional bristly brush, but this one gets in there and gets the job done.

Packaging: 10/10
Pigmentation: 8/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 8/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 8/10
Ingredients: 10/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 9/10 (could be blacker) 
Would I buy this again? Absolutely Yes!!!!!!!!!!! 
Overall Rating: 9/10
 

No comments:

Post a Comment