Pages

Tuesday 23 July 2013

e.l.f. Contouring Blush & Bronzer in St. Lucia - Review and Swatches


I think this is not only the first e.l.f. product that I have reviewed, it is also the first e.l.f. makeup product that I ever bought. This is a recent acquisition. I bought it in the States a couple of months ago. It's very difficult to get e.l.f. products here in Canada. I've only seen them in the likes of Winners or Marshalls and that is hit and miss at best. I am hoping that the Canadian Target will start selling more than just e.l.f. brushes one of these days.

This a blush and bronzer duo in St. Lucia. There are two other colours that e.l.f. makes in this duo if you are interested. This is one of the few e.l.f. products that doesn't have parabens in it. Shocking, I know. That's why I decided to buy it.


I think this duo is kind of pretty. The blush reminds me of a cheap version of Orgasm by NARS. I mean that with no disrespect as this duo is $3.00. Yes, $3.00! You buy a $3.00 blush and bronzer set, you get a $3.00 blush and bronzer set. Okay, now I am getting carried away. This duo is actually worth more than $3.00 but shhhh don't tell e.l.f. that. The blush is very flattering on and is a peachy pink shimmer. The texture isn't the greatest. It feels a bit rough and slightly chalky.


The bronzer looks a bit muddy on. I can't stress enough that you really need to us a light hand applying this. It goes very dark, very fast and it is bit tricky to blend out. This bronzer is super pigmented. The blush, despite the poor swatch I took, is also decently pigmented. I think this duo would look better on someone with a tan or someone with a medium skin tone. It is wearable though for lighter skin tones. Both the blush and the bronzer are long wearing and will last all day long.

Here are the swatches in two different lights.



A word of warning. When I wore the blush for a week straight, I noticed tiny bumps started developing on my cheeks. Now it might have been a hormonal time of the month thing, but I thought should mention this. Once I stopped using it, the bumps disappeared within a couple of days. I have since worn this blush a day here and a day there and have had no further issues. If you do have sensitive skin or plan on wearing this religiously, you might want to bear this in mind.

For $3.00, this is a steal especially if you are on a budget. It's nice to get a reasonably close NARS Orgasm dupe too for the money. I bought this for curiousity's sake. No, this does not compare to higher end blush and bronze duos. It's $3.00 so don't expect miracles, but for $3.00, it is a mighty fine purchase.

Packaging: 7/10 (hello can we say NARS rip off only cheaper packaging)   
Pigmentation: 8/10
Easy to Work With: 8/10 Blush     4/10 Bronzer
Longevity: 9/10
Texture: 2/10
Price: 10/10
Ingredients: 6/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10 (for overnight travel and daily purse travel)
Attractiveness of Product: 9/10 Blush     4/10 Bronzer
Would I buy this again? No 
Overall Rating: 7/10 


No comments:

Post a Comment