Pages

Monday 15 July 2013

Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation N25 - Review and Swatch


I bought this as part of an online Sephora haul that I did 2 or 3 months ago. This is a Canadian product which was developed at a hospital I believe for the purpose of providing therapeutic benefits and environmental protection while being free of all irritants and suitable for even the most sensitive skin. They sell this product at the Bay, Shoppers Drug Mart and Sephora to name a few places. I have always been curious about this foundation. I like the fact that there aren't too many chemicals in it.

So a few months ago Marlena from Makeup Geek did a review on this product and raved about it. Although I love my Estee Lauder Double Wear and Double Wear Light foundations, they have a lot of ingredients. I decided to take the plunge and try this. I am sad to report that it is simply not for me. Even though I bought the oil free formula, I would highly recommend staying far away from this product if you have oily skin. If you have dry skin, you may love this product. I have oily skin as you have probably guessed.

On the plus side, you don't need to use a lot of this product to cover your face. On the down side, I don't find that the coverage is fantastic. Supposedly it is buildable, but I never bothered to try applying layer upon layer to see for sure because this product is sooooo greasy. My skin is so shiny when I wear this, it is crazy. Seriously. I look like a sweaty hot mess after a few hours of wearing this even though I am not sweating. It looks like I rubbed butter all over my face. It's almost as if the product just sits on your skin and glides around and I don't like that.

If I accidentally touch my face throughout the day, the foundation comes off on my fingers and it is greasy and wet! It's greasy....did I say greasy yet??? It's gross and embarrassing. I have tried putting powder over it and it's the same problem - grease lightning.

Here is a dollop or swatch I will say and to the right of it is the colour blended into my skin. I bought N25 and it is very yellow. I am not convinced that this is the right colour for me either by the way. The colours are supposed to be based on MAC's foundation system. In MAC products, I am between a NC20 and a NC25. Cover FX's N25 is supposed to be for neutral undertones but it certainly is not a neutral colour in my book.



I am debating whether or not to take this back to Sephora. I have used it at least half a dozen times. I might save it for winter and see if it is wearable then when my skin is drier. I doubt it though. Has anyone had any experience with this product? Tried it in winter perhaps? Please let me know because as it stands right now, I am really disappointed with this.

Packaging: 8/10 
Pigmentation: 5/10 
Easy to Work With: 7/10
Longevity: 1/10
Texture: 1/10 (it's like butter and not in a good way)  
Price: 6/10
Ingredients: 10/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10 
Attractiveness of Product: 1/10
Would I buy this again? Hell NO
Overall Rating: 2/10 (I'm weighing the greasy factor heavily here)

No comments:

Post a Comment