Pages

Thursday 4 July 2013

Benefit World Famous Neutrals Sexiest Nudes Ever Eyeshadow Kit - Review and Swatches


Happy 4th of July to my American readers and friends!!!!!

I am going to jump into today's blog. I have to say that I was not happy with this purchase. A part of me is questioning why I haven't returned this to Sephora. It costs $36 Canadian and $30 U.S. I bought this primarily because I love the packaging. I am a sucker for anything "world fair" like or turn of century carnival stuff.



Where should I begin.....well there are two "creaseless" cream shadows - one in Bikini-Tini (oyster pink) and Holy Smokes! (smoldering charcoal). These are super tiny at 0.11 oz. or 3.2g each. My first beef is that neither of these cream shadows are creaseless per se on me. The Bikini-Tini, which is more champagne gold to my eyes than oyster pink, has almost zero pigment and completely disappears on my eyelid as soon as I apply it. It does, however, manage to keep my eye shadow creaseless for about 14 hours before it starts to slightly crease.

Holy Smokes! on the other hand, is a lot more pigmented, however, it starts to crease badly by the 8th hour of wear. The colour is very nice though as a base and it is easy to work with.


On to the eye shadows which are 1.2g or 0.04 oz. each. Milk It! is a shimmery pearly white. The colour is ok. If you have a lot of eye shadows, trust me, you have a better shimmery white in your collection. Raincheck? is actually a very pretty smoky amethyst which I have grown to really like. That being said, the pigmentation is subpar. You really have to build this colour on your lid to get decent payoff.



Pause for Applause. This is an interesting one. It has almost zero payoff and nil pigmentation. It is one of the saddest eye shadows that I have tried in a long time. The kicker is that if you have patience and build it up on your lid, it starts to look more pigmented and look quite attractive as the day goes on. Bizarre I know. So it has staying power but very little colour. Finally, we have Blingo! which is by far the most pigmented of the eye shadows and possibly the most attractive. I own a lot of crappy silver eye shadows, but this one is actually one of the best silvers I have seen in a while.

Here are the swatches - from left to right is Milk It!, Raincheck?, Pause for Applause, Blingo!, Bikini-Tini and Holy Smokes!


Overall, the palette is very bland to me. I was expecting better pigmentation and also for the cream eye shadows to be better quality. I picked this set over the other similar Benefit nude palettes with this same theme because nudes and browns don't excite me. I am now wondering if one of those other two would have been a better choice.

Packaging: 8/10 (cute as heck but unnecessarily bulky)  
Pigmentation: 4/10 (Bikini-Tini and Pause for Applause are particularly tragic)
Easy to Work With: 4/10 (see above comment)
Longevity: 2/10 (cream shadows) and 6/10 (eye shadows)
Colour Stays True: 6/10
Texture: 7.5/10 (they are smooth and silky)
Price: 7/10
Ingredients: 7/10
Travel Worthy: 6/10 (bulky)
Attractiveness of Product: 4/10
Would I buy this again? No 
Overall Rating: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment