Pages

Monday 29 April 2013

Origins Clear Improvement Mask - Review

This is one of my favourite masks. It doesn't smell like roses and it doesn't look very nice but it does a decent job. My husband screams every time I wear it. That never gets old. He always asks me why I use a grey, brown, white or green mask when I wear a mask. What colours are left? Pink? He is too funny. This mask is a grey brown.

This is a charcoal mask which is supposed to get rid of environmental toxins and clean deep down into your skin. Does it? Not sure. I will tell you what it does do. When my face is breaking out, especially right before that special time of the month, and it is red, blotchy and not happy, I reach for this. I find that this mask calms my skin and reduces redness immediately. My skin looks much more relaxed and normal toned the next day. It is not a miracle worker and my skin doesn't look like a movie star's afterwards but it does show vast improvement.

Sadly, I am a bit lazy so I only use this when my skin looks like trash. If I used it weekly or somewhat regularly, I would likely notice an overall general improvement with my skin. Because then I would be proactive not just reactive all of the time. Maybe my skin wouldn't be in such a bad state as it sometimes does if I am not careful. I tell you what. I will use this weekly for the next month and report back to all of you. I will update this post then.

One tube of this costs $27 Canadian. You can get it online, at Sephora or at The Bay. I have had my tube for a year or more and it doesn't even look used! I think this tube will last me forever. It does make my face feel super dry after I use it so I do apply moisturizer immediately afterwards. Just warning you! If you want to try it out for free, go to the Origins counter at The Bay or whatever department store carries Origins and ask them for a sample - they will make you one in a little cup with a lid. That's my suggestion.

Packaging: 10/10 
Easy to Work With: 8/10 (messy as heck though)
Texture: 8/10
Price: 7/10
Ingredients: 10/10
Husband Rating for Attractiveness: 0/10 (haha)
Would I buy this again? Yes
Overall Rating: 8/10 (wish it made my skin soft)

1 comment: