Pages

Wednesday 10 April 2013

L'Oreal Infaillible Color Eyeshadow in 015 Flashback Silver and 033 Tender Caramel - Review and Swatches


I was sick and tired of hearing the hype about these eye shadows so I went to the new Target "Tarjay" in my neighbourhood and picked up a couple. Curiousity killed the cat. I have since ordered 3 others online (before trying these - so stupid of me) and I hope I don't live to regret the purchase. How I ended up with 5 is a mystery to even myself. I bought 015 Flashback Silver and 033 Tender Caramel at Target. I have to say that the packaging is neat, the colours look so pigmented and cool, and they swatch like a dream. Yet, I am not overly impressed with them.


I have told you all before that I am spoiled with high end makeup and always find hyped up drug store cosmetics disappointing at best. Even though these swatch like a dream, I find they only looked so so on my eyelids. I wanted to love Flashback Silver so much but it looked downright "dirty" on my eyelids shortly after I applied it. It looked well...cheap. It looks like it should be a purple silver but it looks like a blackened silver dipped in dirt after a little while. At least, that was my experience.


Tender Carmel faded throughout the day but stayed looking attractive all day long. I thought Tender Caramel would be more pigmented on, but I have Stila and Tarte eyeshadows that look more pigmented and more shiny after wearing them the same amount of time. Out of the two, Tender Caramel is definitely the better bet. I wouldn't dream of using these without a primer.


Tender Caramel is on the left and Flashback Silver is on the right. The Texture is not as nice as it looks but it isn't bad. It feels kind of weird and a bit gritty.


Flashback Silver (doesn't that swatch well?!) is on the left and Tender Caramel is on the right. Such a disappointment for me overall. Finally, my last beef with these is that they both have phthalates in them. Now that isn't good. Frankly, I have way nicer eyeshadows than these. I find these eyeshadows fade and the colour does not stay completely true. Once I try the other 3 I bought, I will do a review but I won't hold my breath. I have to say that the inside cap is neat and hopefully it keeps the product moist for a long time but we will have to wait to see.

Packaging: 9/10 (inventive)
Pigmentation: 10/10 (swatched) and 6.5/10 (after wear) 
Easy to Work With: 7/10
Longevity: 6/10
Texture: 5/10
Price: 8/10
Ingredients: 4/10
Travel Worthy: 7/10 (small and convenient minus farting around with that cap and screw lid)
Attractiveness of Product: 5/10
Would I buy this again? Nope
Overall Rating: 6/10


No comments:

Post a Comment